By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - LOLtaku: Why I'm A Little Bit Worried About Kinect

kowenicki said:

You spent all that time bolding stuff.

.....so we are to believe kinect 2 is worse than kinect 1. Nope.

I liked this bit though...

"Forza Motorsport looks incredible, Ryse seems to have made strides in the combat department and I walked away genuinely blown away by the scale and ambition of Dead Rising 3"

DEFINITIVE.

I always bold the article I post... it is easy and fast... I do that while reading (I post and after I start to read here in VGC bolding the things).

Kicnect 1 > Kinect 2? How do you reach this conclusion? Because the issues are the same saw in Kinect 1 with some improviments.

I didn't bolded that part because well the article is about Kinect... people will call me fanboy if I bolded that part .

GT6 is comming... I'm excited too.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Interesting, as every other hands on preview of the new Kinect has been very positive. Hopefully this was an isolate incident

This.

In fact, after watching and reading several other hands on, it looked to be working great and that this is an isolated issue.

I think the fact that it kept screwing up was a sign that something was bugged or interfering. The other demos I watched all worked well.

Another thing to note is that this game is not a launch title. It will be released in 2014 after ironing out these kinds of rare bugs and improving performance.

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

You spent all that time bolding stuff.

.....so we are to believe kinect 2 is worse than kinect 1. Nope.

I liked this bit though...

"Forza Motorsport looks incredible, Ryse seems to have made strides in the combat department and I walked away genuinely blown away by the scale and ambition of Dead Rising 3"

DEFINITIVE.

t... people will call me fanboy if I bolded that part .

You should DEFINTELY NOT worry about people calling you Xbox fanboy anytime soon! You are safe on this side

nightsurge said:
Angelus said:
Interesting, as every other hands on preview of the new Kinect has been very positive. Hopefully this was an isolate incident

This.

In fact, after watching and reading several other hands on, it looked to be working great and that this is an isolated issue.

So give us a few links to all those positive reviews (the only feedback I have is from a colleague and it sounded even worse than this Kotaku piece so I am really interested in positive reviews..)

I will worry when it doesn't work in a live demo at the M$ store or Best Buy. Heck, this sounds like a persons experience of Kinect 1 months before that came out. I have had odd times where the kinect didn't track an arm or leg right, but this description seems like something else was going wrong. Too bad, as these seem to be the only bits of info that go mainstream on anything XB1 related.

Around the Network

drkohler said:

So give us a few links to all those positive reviews (the only feedback I have is from a colleague and it sounded even worse than this Kotaku piece so I am really interested in positive reviews..)

Positive previews based in MS showcase the hand-ons are starting to be out now... the LOLkatu preview was positive too.

So are you guys interested in Kinect or only trolling Kinect? Because trolling is against the forum rules.

At E3, I read a pretty good article detailing experiences with the new Kinect. The conclusion was a mixed because it worked very well for some and sometimes not correctly for others. It's still unfinished, so I'm there will more kinks to work out as we get closer to launch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't expect the Kinect problems to go away. People still don't know what to do with it, and there will still be lag and movement issues. I'll feel differently once something worthwhile actually happens with it, up to now it's just been a differentiating point from PS4, without any real substance, imo.

From what I have seen, it seems to work fine. Also, I won't be getting One before next year, so if the problems are in the software, they have time to fix it. I think the hardware itself (the kinect) is top notch. Microsofts research division is really good at their stuff.