By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you like to see a sequel to Lego City undercover?

It's a really fun game, and there's lots of room to do more/improve on, so yeah, I'd be down for that.

The one thing I'd really like to see in a Lego game like this, though, is a more manual/customizalbe building ability. It would be nice to have an open world Lego game, where one of the main side mechanics of the game, beyond the actual story/missions, is to basically collect legos and build (to a reasonable extent) whatever the the hell you want. That would be sweet.

Around the Network

According to vgchartz it's sold roughly 480,000 copies worldwide so far. Considering it's deemed a success for the big gun games to reach 1 million global sales, and considering those games are probably a lot more expensive to develop, I would imagine that they made profit off of Lego City Undercover. The 3ds one sold like 520,000 copies or something like that so far and probably cost a great deal less to develop so overall I think they have made profit on the series. But I'm just guessing.

Yes please, the game was great. My 4 year old is still playing it, together we have racked up over 300 hours on it. I have played the standard lego games as well with him but he always wants to come back to lego city.

Maybe in a sequel they can do more references to animated movies, instead of the matrix and shawshank redemption. It doesn't really matter, my son keeps playing it to unlock more suits and cars. Or he'll play garbage man or mess around with a bucket truck for half an hour.

I think the only thing lacking in Lego City was a bit of polish, the frame rate is hit and miss and it looks a little rough around the edges. No doubt it was on a tight deadline to get the game out, so im hoping a sequel will keep all the fantastic gameplay elements of the original, and iron out the rough edges.

Haven't got the pleasure to play it yet, but since we're on topic of LEGO:

LEGO 007
LEGO Zelda

is what I would love to see when it comes to LEGO games...coop is a must of course, having 2 kids that want to play the game at the same time and not having it (and them being used to fact that other LEGO games have it), I assume, can be a real problem.

Around the Network

I'd be all over a sequel, or even some Frank Honey DLC!

Well, I guess it can hit the Million-Border easily. Why? The more Wii Us sold, the more of the older games will sell. We saw it with ZombiU. When Pikmin 3 came out, Zombi U is since then making an appearance every week now in the US. And don't forget about the Lego City Undercover Bundle in Europe!

It was a lot of fun that I had with this game. Frank Honey was absolutely funny. For the sequel I wish the cars would have more differences in speed an other stuff like this.

Yeah! There`s a Lego City bundle coming. And the game is sure to rise in sales during BF and Christmas.

Yes! Who ever has a Wii U should pick it up! It's an amazing game. Does anyone know if it sold good?

Sure. They really need to work on those driving mechanics, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.