By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is about to be Reversed - Officially

@retrasado
I think you can use a GC controller for Mario Kart Wii.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
konnichiwa said:
Final-Fan said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I really wish the good console could have been the market leader one more time. We haven't had a proper market leader since the SNES.

But the DS IS the marked leader, so you are wrong. And if you don't think the DS deserves to be the marked leader, god help your gaming tastes.

The DS is fantastic, but I don't compare it to the consoles. I consider the Wii to be our market leader, which is a shame.

So the last console you consider a "proper market leader" was from Nintendo, and now that Nintendo is once again on top you don't like it?

Games are the best measure of a console's worth. For the past decade we've had to choose between the awesomeness of Nintendo games and the awesomeness of the huge number of awesome games that naturally end up on the leading console. At last both of these groups are again going to be united and I have to ask: why are you so upset? Judging from other posts
I don't care about 3rd party games selling on the Wii. I'm talking about the Wii's library itself. Nintendo isn't the only developer that I like. The industry is so large and diverse, and it has much more to offer than Nintendo. Nintendo is in no vastly superior to the rest of the great developers out there. In my opinion, Nintendo is just another great developer. They're not way, way better than the other great developers out there. There games alone do not make a consoles games better than another consoles games.
I would guess that you think that third parties will inexplicably decide not to put great games on the console with as much market share as its two competitors combined and I would like to know why you would think that would happen (if I am right).

I don't get why you think that Final-Fan. He is only saying that Nintendo is just a great developper like their are others and his taste/interests of games goes beyond the Nintendo games..

Well, he has said it's a "shame" that the Wii is going to be this gen's market leader.  Since he can't really COMPLAIN about the existence of Nintendo games, even if he doesn't play them himself, then I can only conclude that he thinks the Wii will not have great games gravitate to it like the SNES did. 

That, or he's a graphics whore and just dislikes the idea of the least powerful system getting all the good games YET AGAIN.  Hey, that actually made sense.  The SNES was the last time the market leader was the more powerful system, and it's the last time he was happy with who the market leader was.  Is this the reason, Riot of the Blood? 

Maybe because at the Snes era all his great games were on the Snes and there was no or almost none games on Genesis that he liked...While the Wii is marktleader with great games now there is no doubt that it will miss great games that are on X360 or PS3 (depends on his taste though)...

I don't know where you're getting all this from, Final-Fan. I've never said anything about the Wii not getting third-party games.

My Responce to your question:  It's due more to personal preferences, and I won't talk about them out in the open. If you have a problem with my posts, PM me about it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:

I don't know where you're getting all this from, Final-Fan. I've never said anything about the Wii not getting third-party games.

My Responce to your question: It's due more to personal preferences, and I won't talk about them out in the open. If you have a problem with my posts, PM me about it.

I don't mean to give the impression that I thought your posts were crossing any sort of line; I just didn't get why you were saying certain things. I guess you mean it's a shame from your personal perspective, as opposed to in absolute?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I don't mean to give the impression that I thought your posts were crossing any sort of line; I just didn't get why you were saying certain things. I guess you mean it's a shame from your personal perspective, as opposed to in absolute?

Right, the Wii just doesn't fit into my personal views on what a market leader should be. Me saying "it's a shame" is really just a way for me to say "oh, well".  I'll give you an example:

"It's a shame that makingmusic isn't a mod; he's one of the best sony fans on the site."

"It's a shame Brawl got delayed a few weeks."

I don't participate in consoleswars/fanboywars, so I don't really care who the market leader is. Also, I believe the best selling console gets the best games. That, in my opinion, is not true. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

go nintendo!!!!!!!!!

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Time will tell. The test will come when the 360 and ps3 hit mass market price.

wiiforever said:
^well maybe......really depends on whether casuals will continue buying this game into 2009-2010

they will continue to be buying it until then

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^hopefully and continue to buy it even after that!