By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is about to be Reversed - Officially

fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I really wish the good console could have been the market leader one more time. We haven't had a proper market leader since the SNES.

The console with the most games and the most of the best games is always the leader at the end of the generation, so you're in luck!

You think the Wii has the best games? If that's your opinion, I will respect that, but I'm going to have to say both 360 and PS3 have better games by a wide margin.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Oh c'mon Talon....if I had a nickel for every PS3 vs. 360 argument where some Wii fan added in the "Wii is winning" comment I'd have like....3 dollars. I could get a smoothy.

Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I really wish the good console could have been the market leader one more time. We haven't had a proper market leader since the SNES.

The console with the most games and the most of the best games is always the leader at the end of the generation, so you're in luck!

You think the Wii has the best games? If that's your opinion, I will respect that, but I'm going to have to say both 360 and PS3 have better games by a wide margin.

by a wide margin? Ur talking about the system with the 2nd highest RATED GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Galaxy)

wiiforever said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

by a wide margin? Ur talking about the system with the 2nd highest RATED GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Galaxy)

The Wii only has a handfull of games that are good. I also like to play games from other great developers ouside of Nintendo. The Wii is good for die-hard Nintendo fans, not for a general gamer like myself.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
wiiforever said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

The Wii only has a handfull of games that are good. I also like to play games from other great developers ouside of Nintendo. The is good for die-hard Nintendo fans, not for a general gamer like myself.

y is there so much apathy toward Nintendo developers? So what if 3rd parties don't sell on Wii. That's because their games arn't up to the level on Nintendo Developers' games. Is there something worng about making consistant good games time after time?

Around the Network

Wii already bought almost by all nintendo fans.
Many casual gamers which bought GC also bought Wii already.
Now, there also not little part of casual non-gamers, which bought Wii already.

So, practically in future, wii will be bough mostly by casual non-gamers and maybe 10-20% of casual gamers.
So it will be interesting to see, what will be wii sales, after most previous GC owners bought wii.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Wii already bought almost by all nintendo fans.
Many casual gamers which bought GC also bought Wii already.
Now, there also not little part of casual non-gamers, which bought Wii already.

=/ Guy please....

y is there so much apathy toward Nintendo developers? So what if 3rd parties don't sell on Wii. That's because their games arn't up to the level on Nintendo Developers' games. Is there something worng about making consistant good games time after time?

I don't care about 3rd party games selling on the Wii. I'm talking about the Wii's library itself. Nintendo isn't the only developer that I like. The industry is so large and diverse, and it has much more to offer than Nintendo. Nintendo is in no vastly superior to the rest of the great developers out there. In my opinion, Nintendo is just another great developer. They're not way, way better than the other great developers out there. There games alone do not make a consoles games better than another consoles games.

Riot Of The Blood said:

I don't care about 3rd party games selling on the Wii. I'm talking about the Wii's library itself. Nintendo isn't the only developer that I like. The industry is so large and diverse, and it has much more to offer than Nintendo. Nintendo is in no vastly superior to the rest of the great developers out there. In my opinion, Nintendo is just another great developer. They're not way, way better than the other great developers out there. There games alone do not make a consoles games better than another consoles games.

Hmm  I agree with Riot.. 

Riot Of The Blood said:
fkusumot said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

I said "at the end of the generation". As far as an opinion, yes, everyone has one.