By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "What if MSs CLOUD term means LOCAL CLOUD? Xbox One is 30x Xbox 360 >5TF OFFLINE then" (Misterxmedia)

It is funny read these things... a example.

8. Then What proof on physical level, simple, we aleady show that XB1 is 450-500 mm^2, there is another 175 mm^2 undisclosed, that a proof on physical level

Well MS confirmed the Xbone chip is 363mm^2... so based in what they have "proof" about a 450-500mm^2 chip? 

Around the Network

XBO's "cloud computing' is nothing more than Microsoft's Azure server hosting infrastructure being leveraged to support online multiplayer sessions. That's not a bad thing, by the way, but it is NOT (I repeat) NOT some magical way to offload graphics and compute processing to the 'cloud'. There is absolutely no way given current or near-future Internet bandwidth speeds to get anywhere close to real-time for graphics or compute processing. Anyone who thinks plugging their XBox One into the 'cloud' is going to magically give them 3x/4x graphical and compute processing power is either delusional or willfully ignorant. Take your pick.

allblue said:
Sony fans are just jealous they don't have somebody of this calibre and technical prowess. I bet Sony fans want some secret sauce too.

They totally want secret sauce. Everytime a secret sauce thread goes up, they are all in it. look at the front page. All the comments really say, I really want secret sauce with my ps4.

ethomaz said:

It is funny read these things... a example.

8. Then What proof on physical level, simple, we aleady show that XB1 is 450-500 mm^2, there is another 175 mm^2 undisclosed, that a proof on physical level

Well MS confirmed the Xbone chip is 363mm^2... so based in what they have "proof" about a 450-500mm^2 chip? 

Stop, just stop. Why do you have to be so serious? Does this thread really warrant such explanation even? -___-

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

ratchet426 said:
XBO's "cloud computing' is nothing more than Microsoft's Azure server hosting infrastructure being leveraged to support online multiplayer sessions. That's not a bad thing, by the way, but it is NOT (I repeat) NOT some magical way to offload graphics and compute processing to the 'cloud'. There is absolutely no way given current or near-future Internet bandwidth speeds to get anywhere close to real-time for graphics or compute processing. Anyone who thinks plugging their XBox One into the 'cloud' is going to magically give them 3x/4x graphical and compute processing power is either delusional or willfully ignorant. Take your pick.

Wait tell google fiber comes around. lOL

Around the Network

allblue said:

Stop, just stop. Why do you have to be so serious? Does this thread really warrant such explanation even? -___-

I just want to know the line of reasoning used to make these assumptions... that's interesting even when it is wrong.

DJEVOLVE said:
ratchet426 said:

10 years from now Google fiber, on it's best day, will still be several orders of magnitude slower than the RAM that was in your Pentium II computer from 1994.  You think that RAM would handle the read/write performance needed for graphics processing, or even basic CPU offloading?  Keep dreaming.   (unless you were just joking and I missed it )

ratchet426 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
ratchet426 said:

10 years from now Google fiber, on it's best day, will still be several orders of magnitude slower than the RAM that was in your Pentium II computer from 1994.  You think that RAM would handle the read/write performance needed for graphics processing, or even basic CPU offloading?  Keep dreaming.   (unless you were just joking and I missed it )

It was a joke dude, chilll out.

ethomaz said:

allblue said:

I just want to know the line of reasoning used to make these assumptions... that's interesting even when it is wrong.

You got to let loose sometimes.

allblue said:
Sony fans are just jealous they don't have somebody of this calibre and technical prowess. I bet Sony fans want some secret sauce too.

I dont think any Sony fans want a fool like this making crap up, just makes those fools who believe it even more disappointed when proven wrong :)

The only secret sauce i want to know is the secret sauce in a krabby patty.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!