By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA V is amazing but...

Once you beat it(side quests included), its a tad boring. I absolutely loved GTA 5, the bank robberies/heists are some of the most fun I've had in gaming. It was absolutely over the top fun, and one of the best games of the year.

Now perhaps I did myself a disservice by rampaging through the game and ignoring my studies, but it was just so much fun! So now that I've beaten it there really isn't anything interesting to do, there is zero incentive for me to keep playing. I mean skydiving, base jumping, races, biking, golf are all good and fun but you do it once you've done it a thousand times. The stock market is cool and all, but I have 50 million and nothing really notable to buy after you purchase a few cars, a boat, a plane and a tank for Trevor.

I just wish there was more bulk to the game after the cutscenes, like having gang wars in a certain area where you can join in, have the ability to purchase cribs, upgrade and maintain your companies, rinse and repeat bank robberies, turn your crib into a fortress of destruction and lure the police to your house, I wish I could phone some of my homies to ride a long with me to take part in killing everyone and everything(like in Saints Row).

Its an all around great game, I just don't have any major incentive to play single player anymore now that the games over for me. Any idea's or recommendations? Anyway can't wait until GTA Online in a few weeks.

Around the Network

Fair criticism - i am waiting out for the very slim possibility of a wii u version. How does it compare to gta IV? -i am one of the few that absolute loved GTA IV - i am curious how it fairs against 5

i got like 20 missions left and i was afraid of something like this oh well i hope GTA online gives me a lot of content just wish it launched with the game and also i hope there is a massive single player DLC like lost and damned and gay tony 

Yep, the major problem with this genre is that once the storyline is over the luster fades. While you're playing the storyline it tends to be fun though. I am sure there will be DLC in the coming months, though.

mii-gamer said:
Fair criticism - i am waiting out for the very slim possibility of a wii u version. How does it compare to gta IV? -i am one of the few that absolute loved GTA IV - i am curious how it fairs against 5

I too loved GTA IV, 5 is much better the gameplay is improved, characters are great, action is over the top, if you played portal 2 and thought dialogue was funny the dialogue in GTA 5 is absolutely hilarious.

As far as negatives go essentially what I'm talking about in my thread just not enough incentives to continue playing(granted its 25-30 hours with 75% completion), and a few minor glitches, potentially the lock-on and shoot gameplay can get annoying when your aiming for a guy in a helicopter but you instead lock on to a cop on the ground. I assume you played 4 on Pc or your Ps360 gave out?

Around the Network

I thought thats always the way with games xD

mii-gamer said:

I also liked GTA4.  Think of this as GTA4 with a better world map.  While GTA4 was all city, this is half city, one that's taround the size of GTA4, and a mountainous countryside region, which is also bigger than GTA4.  Cars are light instead of heavy like in GTA4 but the physics feel the same,.  Aiming and shooting is the same. 

--

To the op.  That's the thing about GTA.  There are a lot of people who won't even bother with the story, kill cops, and get bored of the game.  However if you play through the story, it's like any regular game, just open world.  Once you do everything there is to do aside find the collectathon stuff, there really isn't anything else. 

There are some people who find enjoyment in driving off the side of a mountain repeatedly then taking a helicopter, taxi, or driving back up, but that's not me.  I'm not one to enjoy taking five minutes of a trip just to set up a jump that will last 10 seconds.  Regardless how amazing the crash looks.  I've actually done it a few times through my playthrough(just finished a couple hours ago,) but that's about all I'm interested in on that front.

I'm actually pretty excited about the online though.  Even if you have to create the content yourself, there's the ability to create deathmatches, create races, create missions, take part in co op heists.  There will be over 500 available missions with more to be added.  While the single player felt like we got a full game, what information Rockstar has released sounds as if they've put more work into the online, to give it momre longitevity.  This does kind of disappoint me as I'd rather have all content offline since the onlinee is eventually going to cut off or people will stop going online, but at the same time, like I said above, atleast the single player does feel like we got a full games worth of content.

I think the game should still be amazing for you as it does no longer make you ignoring your studies(you'd be thankful later)

I have not reached the end by now but i think they have missed a lot of opportunities by not installing some tennis
tournaments etc(maybe this will come later in the game or a dlc?)

think-man said:
I thought thats always the way with games xD

True, well partially it's open world and leaves room for things to do and there really isn't much to do other than shoot cops or exercise. It's probably because I enjoyed the campaign so much and had so much fun with it that I want more, but it's sadly over for me. :(

Just Cause 2 had a so-so campaign but even after the credits rolled there was still a lot of fun to have with the vehicles and that grappling hook. A lot of experimenting with that damn grappling hook. Saints Row 3 I could atleast spend the money I earned on upgrading my character and I could upgrade my properties. I was probably just expecting the fun to keep on going even after I beat the game, it will probably all change in a week or two though when GTA Online goes live.

Isn't that the case with any story mode game? Once you finish everything there isn't much else to do.