By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More Xbox One Architectural Details Coming Sept. 26th

kitler53 said:

is anyone but killzone and the ps playroom using the touch pad?    i mean, lulz, sony doesn't even seem to be using it much and even then it is just a "swipe" button.    ...imo, sony mostly wanted it for OS features but like you said,.. thankfully it didn't cost sony $100 to add.

Yes. Almost every third-party game: AC4, NBA Live 14, Watch_Dogs, Diablo 3, Battlefield 4, Injustice: Gods Among Us, etc.

I think even the new CoD support it (I'm not sure about this one).

Around the Network
ils411 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yes I asked for this update too.

I just want to know how they make there secret sauce in the speghetti......  I think they should drop to 450, it could happen, maybe. If I was them i would, this would stop the people from complaining about the forced camara. however I'm not sure if this is a real issue, since really only Sony fans say it. However I would like a $50 break. More games for me.

Actually, MS got it right including Kinect 2 in eveyr xbox one. This way, when they make the developers include kinect control on the games, they're sure that everyone who bought an Xone will be able to use the feature.

Sony should have included the ps camera and a move controller and priced the PS4 at $500 too. As it stands, more developers wont have issues with including kinect controlls for xone as oppose to including ps cam contorls and move controls for the PS4. The PS Cam and move will again forever be un-supported.

As for the price, many have been ripping MS for the $500 price tag, but I don't really see the issue. Video gaming has never been a basic need nor was it ever a poor mans hobby.

Yes this is true but I think they can give the $50 price break. I think early adoption is very important.

DJEVOLVE said:
ils411 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yes I asked for this update too.

I just want to know how they make there secret sauce in the speghetti......  I think they should drop to 450, it could happen, maybe. If I was them i would, this would stop the people from complaining about the forced camara. however I'm not sure if this is a real issue, since really only Sony fans say it. However I would like a $50 break. More games for me.

Actually, MS got it right including Kinect 2 in eveyr xbox one. This way, when they make the developers include kinect control on the games, they're sure that everyone who bought an Xone will be able to use the feature.

Sony should have included the ps camera and a move controller and priced the PS4 at $500 too. As it stands, more developers wont have issues with including kinect controlls for xone as oppose to including ps cam contorls and move controls for the PS4. The PS Cam and move will again forever be un-supported.

As for the price, many have been ripping MS for the $500 price tag, but I don't really see the issue. Video gaming has never been a basic need nor was it ever a poor mans hobby.

Yes this is true but I think they can give the $50 price break. I think early adoption is very important.

Microsoft may be the smart one here at the end of the day.  If they can sell out through Q4 at 500 dollars, why not.  That's IF mind you.

Then next year, when (IF) sales/demand drops, they can have a non "launch day" SKU, that is priced at 400-450 and includes some minor, gimmiky change that "justifies it".  Could lead to some bad PR, but if they do it right they might get away with it.

Do you really think Sony doesn't WANT to charge 500 for their system?  Make some money instead of losing some (or even breaking even)?  

Xenostar said:

exactly, Sony put a touch pad on every controller, so devs know every ps4 owner has it, but i also expet all 3rd party devs to largley ignore that, thankfully it didnt add $100 to the price.

The problem with the touchpad on the PS4 controller is that is awkward to use within a tight fighting game.  If you keep your index finders on the tiggers, or the should buttons, they have to move around to get to the pad.

Still mighe be good for web browsing or something.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Xenostar said:

exactly, Sony put a touch pad on every controller, so devs know every ps4 owner has it, but i also expet all 3rd party devs to largley ignore that, thankfully it didnt add $100 to the price.

The problem with the touchpad on the PS4 controller is that is awkward to use within a tight fighting game.  If you keep your index finders on the tiggers, or the should buttons, they have to move around to get to the pad.

Its also difficult to wave your arms around when holding a pad. Some things clearly arent meant to be used at the same time. The N64 pad proved that

But its cheap.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Zappykins said:

Its also difficult to wave your arms around when holding a pad. Some things clearly arent meant to be used at the same time. The N64 pad proved that

But its cheap.

True, But's it'is easy to say, 'Fus Ro Dah!' and blow away your enemy.

I'm refering to the 'it's better with Kinect' in Skyrim.  Plus verbal sorting, so very helpful.

What was the problem with the N64 pad?  I don't remember.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Xenostar said:
Zappykins said:

But its cheap.

True, But's it'is easy to say, 'Fus Ro Dah!' and blow away your enemy.

I'm refering to the 'it's better with Kinect' in Skyrim.  Plus verbal sorting, so very helpful.

What was the problem with the N64 pad?  I don't remember.

its easy to reach over and use the touchpad for menus, puzzle mini games, map navigation(pinch to zoom), neither are completley useless but they will be ignored by 3rd parties.

Yes 100% of xbox owners have kinect and 100% of PS owners have a touch pad, but to MOST developers less than 50% of there audience has either so why waste time on features for them. Especially a feature thats gonna be gimmicky at best when you can spend time on improving the game for everyone.