By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More Xbox One Architectural Details Coming Sept. 26th

Hynad said:
landguy1 said:
Madword said:

No offence, but you are making a bit of a leap aren't you from your statement? Albert did not "promise" to talk about it on the 26th. He suggested it was soon. It may in fact be on the 26th... but your post if factually incorrect.

You should change your post to something like - Albert Penello promised more architectural details will be revealed soon - The developers conference is taking place on September 26th seems like it could be the best place for this.

There is enough rumour mill and people making massive leaps already on the internet, and after all your "Secret Sauce" posts and arguments with people on the forums, I would have expected you would have wanted to post stuff that's at least accurate.

I don't know whta VGChartz take on stuff like this is, so if it's fine, then I'll shut up.

While I agree that he has basically lost most of his credibilty with the forum crowds Playstation fans.  But, he has created a number of interesting ideas/theories (mostly not even his) for everyone to discuss.  If you look at his threads, they are mostly derailed by comments that basically complain about the idea of the thread.  If the people making those comments really didn't want to read the info, shouldn't they have just quit reading them and moved on?  Just like this thread, if someone doesn't agree with his proclimation that it will be announce on or around the 26th, just say so and move on.  No need for the "not this again" stuff.

OT:  It does seem like you have come to a logical conclusion about the 26th, but logical or not - He didn't say the 26th at all.

Because we all know that the people interested in learning about something will always be positive about those subjects. Right?

Too true....

Around the Network

MEH

For me i will be glad when all this speculation is over and we can just focus on what is important... buying and playing games.

I find some of the posts fascinating, I am not very strong on hardware internals to that kind of level - was always a server/software guy.

But with so much arguments going on, inaccurate posts are not going to help the situation.

Anyway, going to the Eurogamer show next week - Thursday (I think MS are doing a talk at EG on 26th)... hope there will be some interesting games around to test/compare. If anyone wants me to check out any particular games - let me know.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

pbroy said:
DJEVOLVE said:
bananaking21 said:

he is banned, so knock yourself out while he is gone.

@OT: i hope this makes everything clear so we can stop with the rumors that keep popping up every day. 

So i should  knock my self  out? Ok.... .   .  .    .     .

Did you just take that literally? or is my sarcasm detector broken?

In other words, go ahead and post stuff, because he won't be able to.

No, it was being not impressed with the joke.

Sorry to give you bad news but the web are overthinking about this twitter.

"Sorry no intent to tease. I promised we'd let our architects speak about our system, and we should have something to share soon. Don't expect a bomb, but it should explain in depth our architecture and how the paper specs don't tell the full story. Again, I just spent time at TGS looking at both platforms - after E3, Gamescom, and PAX and I still insist our games look awesome."

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1msxoy/according_to_albert_penello_more_xbox_one/

Around the Network

im still so suprised ( well not really silly sboyz ) everyone is downplaying and forgetting the possibilities with the cloud

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
im still so suprised ( well not really silly sboyz ) everyone is downplaying and forgetting the possibilities with the cloud

Perhaps there is a reason that no one is talking about the cloud....

It's not that people are forgetting the cloud, its just that it wont make any difference to single player games/performance. 

Madword said:
kirby007 said:

It's not that people are forgetting the cloud, its just that it wont make any difference to single player games/performance. 

based on what?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

based on what?

Based on having worked in server based systems such as Citrix/Terminal Server/datacenters/clusters.. based on the fact that systems like Gaikai etc and other current cloud based systems are good but are not fast enough for sending data down the lines... based on the internet still being crap for most people... based on 99% of games not requiring data processing ...based on games companies would need backup systems to handle what would go wrong with their games if the cloud/internet wasnt working..based on being old enough to know when companies are using poor PR to convince people. ;)

Put all of the issues with internet speeds, the time games need to process information (quicker locally), that 99% of games don't require worlds that are changing in real time.. It's just obvious that the cloud is not going to have any benefit for games, especially single player games. Will it improve matchmaking and MMO's...yep it will improve that aspect... but no more than better server tech would do that.

Madword said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

based on what?

Based on having worked in server based systems such as Citrix/Terminal Server/datacenters/clusters.. based on the fact that systems like Gaikai etc and other current cloud based systems are good but are not fast enough for sending data down the lines... based on the internet still being crap for most people... based on 99% of games not requiring data processing ...based on games companies would need backup systems to handle what would go wrong with their games if the cloud/internet wasnt working..based on being old enough to know when companies are using poor PR to convince people. ;)

Put all of the issues with internet speeds, the time games need to process information (quicker locally), that 99% of games don't require worlds that are changing in real time.. It's just obvious that the cloud is not going to have any benefit for games, especially single player games. Will it improve matchmaking and MMO's...yep it will improve that aspect... but no more than better server tech would do that.

the question will be will developers cater for the % of the people that are ready for it with connection ( with as backup having 2 play modi one utilising cloud and the other not )