By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone else think all the random and adult oriented topics are bad for VGC?

I like to have threads like those it's a change from all the "seriousness" of the consoles war... >_>

Around the Network
lolita said:
I like to have threads like those it's a change from all the "seriousness" of the consoles war... >_>

yeah they are fun, but doesnt it make you contemplate on how other people from different sites would view VGC if most of the things being discussed was sexual oriented topics some bordering around perversion "how did you learn to masturbate?"

its not like i want all those topics to disappear, all im trying to say is to try and minimize the amount of those kinds of topics. (though i guess that already happened, most of those kinds of threads have already disappeared from the hot topics section)

ioi went through a great deal trying to build up the sites credibility, do you think threads like that would help VGC's credibilty?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Off Topic forum is for Off Topic discussion.

I don't see the problem as long as their is nothing to vulgar or explicit. The younger members of this site may not need to read about some things. (However, I don't think anyone can say they are completely innocent.)

~Now Playing~
PC: Max Payne 3, World of Warcraft

X360: MW3, Skyrim

PS2: Persona 4

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

Gamertag: InfernoTrell

SeriousWB said:
Off Topic forum is for Off Topic discussion.

Agreed! though Im talking about the hot topics section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Bass.exe said:
I don't see the problem as long as their is nothing to vulgar or explicit. The younger members of this site may not need to read about some things. (However, I don't think anyone can say they are completely innocent.)

my concern isnt about the members though, mebers usually already believe in VGC's credibility, im talking about how people visiting would perceive VGC as a site if those are the kinds of threads they see in the hot topic sections.

An off-topic in the off-topic section shouldn't hurt the credibility but I see what you're saying. If its a hot topic though, why wouldn't it be in the hot topics section? Not many people would see it and therefore there would be no reason for the thread to be created in the first place.

~Now Playing~
PC: Max Payne 3, World of Warcraft

X360: MW3, Skyrim

PS2: Persona 4

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

Gamertag: InfernoTrell

I've long been a proponent of having the off-topics appear in their own section under the hot topics.

there so-so

That would be a good idea and problem solve fkusumot.

And wow I think that's the first time I've typed out your name and realised how weirdly I pronounce it in my mind.