By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone else think all the random and adult oriented topics are bad for VGC?

yes, it has improved lately, but try posting the charts on IGN or gamespot forums and you'll just get laughed at.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
yes, it has improved lately, but try posting the charts on IGN or gamespot forums and you'll just get laughed at.

Most of the sites i see seem to accept VGC's number now.
I dont frequent those furoms, so I cant really relate...
I guess ignorance is bliss in my case, I really thought VGC was covering some serious ground..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

super_etecoon said:
pu·er·ile [pyoo-er-il, -uh-rahyl, pyoor-il, -ahyl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective
1.of or pertaining to a child or to childhood.
2.childishly foolish; immature or trivial: a puerile piece of writing.

Thanks Bodhesava....Haven't seen a new word in a while.

I can take it one step further if you'd like: origins are from the word "puer" in latin, which means "boy."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I have a dream that one day, every forum and person in the world will trust Vgchartz'z data!!!

I don't think we have a problem. The random part of the forums is meant for random stuff, and the current spree of unusual topics will probably pass in a day or two anyway. This isn't the first time there's been a serious of quasi-related off-topic threads, and they never stuck for long, or caused any serious grievances.

If this does become a problem, which probably won't happen, a simple way of solving it would be to not have threads from the Off Topic forum show in the Hot Topics list on the front page.

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
I have a dream that one day, every forum and person in the world will trust Vgchartz'z data!!!

i support this dream!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

^thank you, thank you. Please hold the applause...

Parokki said:
I don't think we have a problem. The random part of the forums is meant for random stuff, and the current spree of unusual topics will probably pass in a day or two anyway. This isn't the first time there's been a serious of quasi-related off-topic threads, and they never stuck for long, or caused any serious grievances.

If this does become a problem, which probably won't happen, a simple way of solving it would be to not have threads from the Off Topic forum show in the Hot Topics list on the front page.

yeah I guess the threads are already starting to disappear.
though i like super_etecoon's idea about the off topic threads.

^of course...all thread will eventually disappear off the hot topics page

wiiforever said:
^of course...all thread will eventually disappear off the hot topics page

it was actually swamped yesterday till just now.
the weird threads were popping up faster than they could disappear.