By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dual Shock 3 Video Review!

Good idea, Iclim. Thanks.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Nice, I guess??

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:
How is battery life on the thing? The other day I finally realized that you can't charge a PS3 controller when the unit is on standby or turned off... Dumbest idea ever. Given the rather short life of the Sixaxis, I can't imagine the DS3 being very good.

actually you can.
all you have to do is set your ps3 to be able to be accessed by the psp through wi-fi through remoteplay.
that way, even if your ps3 is on standby there is still power in the USB ports.

pardon my english, i cant seem to think straight today....

anyway to set that up without having a PSP? ^^;;;    because I would love to be able to charge my controllers when the system is on standby.

Torillian said:
iclim4 said:
rocketpig said:
How is battery life on the thing? The other day I finally realized that you can't charge a PS3 controller when the unit is on standby or turned off... Dumbest idea ever. Given the rather short life of the Sixaxis, I can't imagine the DS3 being very good.

actually you can.
all you have to do is set your ps3 to be able to be accessed by the psp through wi-fi through remoteplay.
that way, even if your ps3 is on standby there is still power in the USB ports.

pardon my english, i cant seem to think straight today....

anyway to set that up without having a PSP? ^^;;;    because I would love to be able to charge my controllers when the system is on standby.

I dont know, i dont think you can... try asking a friend to register their psp on your ps3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Definitly getting it when its officially released in the U.S.. But I wont import it though, just not enough games featuring rumble support.

Thanks for the Review, very well done.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

very nice review and welcome to vgchartz!

I've never really paid attention to exactly how long my sixaxes last but i feel like I rarely plug them in. Maybe once a month. Then again I have 3 controllers and use each randomly so I'm a bad judge.

Anyway, I can't wait for the DS3 to come out here so that I have an excuse to get a 4th controller.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Thanks for the welcome!

I have to say i have found the battery life the same as the normal SIXAXIS controller just a bit less, but you can turn the rumble off so you can just have a normal SIXAXIS controller to save battery life.

I have just done a Playstation Eye video review, look out for it soon

Thanks again all! 

www.playPS3.co.uk a Playstation 3 forum!