By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dual Shock 3 Video Review!

Hello all!

I not long ago done a video review for my Dual Shock 3 controller and wanted to let everyone know what it is really like, ok i  now  know i haven't mentioned battery life etc.. but this was from day 1 of having it so i could not really comment on that

I do video reviews for my Playstation 3 games also, it is just a thing i have got used to now and i have also found video is sometimes better than text

Could i get some feedback on the review, if i could that would be great

Thanks!

Link 

Also this is my first post here!  

www.playPS3.co.uk a Playstation 3 forum!

Around the Network

that was a cool review.....i can appreciate it

hey thanks, ive always wanted to import my own dualshock3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Thanks for the kind comments!

If you haven't already imported one i recommend it very much!

www.playPS3.co.uk a Playstation 3 forum!

Nice video, despite not being at a huge loss with the loss of rumble so far, I've been holding off on another controller (not counting a dualshock to USB connector) until the Dualshock 3 comes out. It even sweetens the deal if it feels like a higher quality controller than the Sixaxis.

My only complaint isn't exactly against you, but many video reviewer people in that I think a tripod should be used because of shaky cams and how hard it is to keep it steady while holding it and a product. Lots of "um's" too, but I know how hard that is to try and stop yourself from doing it.

Around the Network

How is battery life on the thing? The other day I finally realized that you can't charge a PS3 controller when the unit is on standby or turned off... Dumbest idea ever. Given the rather short life of the Sixaxis, I can't imagine the DS3 being very good.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
How is battery life on the thing? The other day I finally realized that you can't charge a PS3 controller when the unit is on standby or turned off... Dumbest idea ever. Given the rather short life of the Sixaxis, I can't imagine the DS3 being very good.

Well yea, if the console doesn't have any power in it, I don't think there will be any juice there to charge a controller.

I don't see my Sixaxis with short battery life, but I usually don't let it drop past half charge anyway. Despite that, I rarely charge the controller on the PS3 unless I use my USB extension cables while I'm playing. In fact, I usually just take it to my PC and just plug it in there and it's much more convienent so I don't have to leave my PS3 running.

IllegalPaladin said:
rocketpig said:

Well yea, if the console doesn't have any power in it, I'm not sure it would charge a controller.  

I don't see my Sixaxis with short battery life, but I usually don't let it drop past half charge anyway. Despite that, I rarely charge the controller on the PS3 unless I use my USB extension cables while I'm playing. In fact, I usually just take it to my PC and just plug it in there and it's much more convienent so I don't have to leave my PS3 running. 

I understand why the USB ports wouldn't have power when it's turned off but there's no reason you can't charge a controller in standby mode.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I get what you're saying for standby mode and I agree, but I was just poking fun for when you talked about charging the controller with power supply switched off. Still, I just use my computer anyway as my Sixaxis also doubles for an emulator or if my room mate would like to try a PC game with a controller.

rocketpig said:

actually you can.
all you have to do is set your ps3 to be able to be accessed by the psp through wi-fi through remoteplay.
that way, even if your ps3 is on standby there is still power in the USB ports.

pardon my english, i cant seem to think straight today....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?