By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best GBA games?

since Golden sun is Popular..i'll give it a shot

i Beat every Pokemon game....lol

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN
Around the Network

big fan of the fire emblems
zelda minish cap

about to play the golden sun games

Sword of Mana is pretty damn lame; Seiken Densetsu 3's look but none of its awesome

I'll name games other than the ones you usually hear (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, etc)
I've probably played upwards of 100 GBA games.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow

Sigma Star Saga is a lot of fun, really underrated

Riviera: The Promised Land; also really good and not as widely played

Mario Golf & Tennis (seriously, they're great games, more similar to Golden Sun than mario sports titles as they're developed by Camelot)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; it gets bashed for the less-serious story, but it's actually superior to the PS version.

Breath of Fire: I & 2 are decent if you're in a retro-RPG mood

You should REALLY give Megaman Zero (2 or 3 are the good ones) and Battle Network (1-3); they're suprisingly kick ass games.

And I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but you HAVE to play Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. Don't listen to the haters claiming Super Metroid was the series' prime.

EDIT: bad word choice ; Don't listen to haters claiming Super Metroid was the series' peak

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Super Metroid is the Best 2d Metroid i played

I played Fusion and Zero Mission, but never got to finish them..they were good, but i lost Interest in them

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN
SeikenDensetsu said:
Super Metroid is the Best 2d Metroid i played

I played Fusion and Zero Mission, but never got to finish them..they were good, but i lost Interest in them
:0lose interest in zero mission? you can blow through it in a single sit down 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Battle(great fighting/RPG game)
Advance Wars 2: The Black Hole Rising
-Zelda nes remake

I only have pokemon in my GBA slot in my DS, but my favorite is pokemon emerald. I never had one GBA

Pokemon...oh wait, no pokemon.

ummmmmm. Well thats really the only game I enjoyed.

SeikenDensetsu said:
I really dont care for remakes...

I tried Fire Emblem and didnt like it..=x

In that case, I suggest the Fire Emblem games. In all seriousness, the first time I played Fire Emblem on GBA(about 5 hours), I didn't get into it. I picked it up about a year later and can't get enough FE now.

As others have said, Castlevanias, Advance Wars, Metroids, M&L, and Kingdom Hearts are all winners(to me). I may have missed it, but I didn't see LoZ: Minish Cap mentioned. I would suggest it as well. Another very cool game is Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."