Forums - Nintendo Discussion - White Wii U Pro Controllers Being Phased Out?

Thanks to clearance sales across various retailers, it would seem that Nintendo are stopping support for the white Pro Controller for Wii U. At only $24.99 from Best Buy, if you don’t already have one, now is the time to pick one up.

It stands to reason, considering the white Wii U is soon to become a thing of the past, that the white Pro Controller would stop being made as well, but this is bad news for people that bought the cheaper bundle early on and have not yet invested in the Xbox 360-reminiscent controller. That is unless your local Best Buy or Walmart has them in stock, in which case you’ll get a hell of a bargain. 

Even if you don’t have a Wii U, the Pro Controller can be used with PC games. It can be a little finicky to set up – at least when compared with the 360 controller itself – but works as well, and it perhaps slightly more comfortable than Microsoft’s own brand. You need a Bluetooth receiver and a copy of the program usually found at this thread (although, Coolrom is still down from the hacking).

If you’ve ever wanted a white controller and for whatever reason have yet to invest, now seems to be the time to do it. Not only is it far cheaper than the black Pro Controller (which is still $49.99), but it’s also likely to end up as quite expensive on eBay. If people start buying in bulk, it may become quite difficult to get a controller at a fair price.

Source: Neojerks

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

thanks ryan. my hunt begins!

I hope not. I prefer this to the black ones.

Possibly a new Wii U controller redesign? :3

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I tried to buy one, but BB don't ship for brasil.

If somebody can tell me if there is another place selling at this price, i will much apprecciate(internet store, of course). I'm really concererd in buyng at amazon or ebay, where there is some falsified controllers.

Maybe its time to give pro controller the 2 things its lack: headphone jack and analog triggers.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

Well they are phasing out the white console so the white controller shouldn't be far behind.

snyps said:

You are going to buy some for collecting reasons?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Thanks! I'll definitely have to get one asap! I prefer the white look for the Wii U over the black.

Does that mean they'll phase out white Wiimotes eventually too?

EDIT: Nevermind, still going for $49 in my area.  Guess i'll just have to patiently wait til this deal follows onto other territories.

Didn't even know there where white ones, I picked up a black one a while back

spurgeonryan said:
snyps said:

You are going to buy some for collecting reasons?

Yea but unfortunately, I just got back from Best Buy(southern Nevada). The White Wii U pro controller rang up as $49. :(

you can see if your BB has it following these steps http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&AID=10597222&PID=3594900&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2Folspage.jsp%3Fid%3Dcat12090%26type%3Dpage&ref=39&loc=01&CJPID=3594900