By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry readers want Gamespot reviewer fired after her GTA V review

FatedReality said:
LOL are you kidding?! She gave the game a 9! These are the people that would buy the game anyway no matter what score was given in any review so why do they even care. People need to realize that the review score only reflects one persons opinion of the game and that's the reviewers. People have different opinions and need to get over it.

Tell that to the people on one side or the other on these forums.  If you don't agree with their opinion on any topic, you are called an idiot.  Yout bolded comment speaks to consoles too.  If they are going to buy the console either way, why can't they just ignore people talking about the console they aren't buying?

OT: This probably has more to do with her being female than anything else.  Too many insecure young men playing video games...

Around the Network

So much for the audience being "mature".

Wonder what her review of '50 Shades' would be?

Anyway, she isn't calling for the game to be banned or anything.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It wasn't so much the score, it was the negatives she brought up.

A review is an opinion.
If they don't like hers, tough.
It's not her job to pander to fanboys.

I don't doubt for a second that GTA5 is strongly misogynistic, GTA4 was.

Around the Network
eFKac said:

Damn, what's the name of the gif, tried to find it today, but couldn't!!!

Ot. She shouldn't be fired, just skip her reviews or Gmaespot altogether if you find their reviews not credible. I personally don't find their writers worth much.

Old Gamespot writers were sooooo much better than these new ones.

iceboy151 said:
It wasn't so much the score, it was the negatives she brought up.

That's the impression i got. The matter of sexism towards either men or woman is a rather touchy subject these days, since everyone is offended by damn near everything...

I'm curious as to how women feel when a transgendered woman complains about such things. Seems extremely complicated for this world of simple labels ...

It's episodes like this one that make me so embarrassed to be a video game fan.

Personally, I'm glad video game critics are taking up the issue of misogyny in video games. It's a serious problem, not just in games but in most forms of popular media.

1. I'm sure the problem has to do with her tidbit about it being mean to woman, not so much the score. At least I hope because bitching about a 9 is truly pathetic.
2. She...she looks like a man. I swore that was a photoshop of a guy's face in a chick's body.
3. She should not be fire, that is outrageous.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian