By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does Sony take so long to come out with exclusive games for PS3?

Here is a question...I'm not trying to rant about Sony, just asking for your opinion.

Their exclusive games take an eternety to come out. Killzone 2 was shown almost 3 years ago and the damn thing looked finished. No one in their right mind could have guessed it would take another 4 years (atleast) to come out. 

Its almost like they tend to announce a game, in order to hype everybody up and show us some CGI footage, and then go ask a studio to make it. 

Like God of War3. Why did they bother announcing that? We all know it will come out in 2029...

I personally think PS2 is to blame. They have a huge userbase for that system and it is still making them money.  They have had their big studios and other companies still making games for PS2 when PS3 came out. (god of war 2, Final Fantasy). Now PS2 support is dying but damage has already been done.

In comparison Microsoft just ditched the xbox and went straight to 360 the day it came out. Nintendo let the gamecube die without shedding a tear. I think PS2 is to blame for PS3's lack of software...

Around the Network

because Sony really doesn't make games? They mostly just publish them. Go blame 3rd/2nd party developers

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Insomniac every year, ND every other year, GoW 3 will be out next year, SE are responsible for early FF announcements, and KZ 2 was only showed then to show off the potential of the system

Munkeh111 said:
Insomniac every year, ND every other year, GoW 3 will be out next year, SE are responsible for early FF announcements, and KZ 2 was only showed then to show off the potential of the system

Can I quote you on that? We haven't even seen a still shot. Capcom announced DMC4 at E3 in 2005 and all they had a working CGI demo there. Only 2 and a half years later did we get it...

>Can I quote you on that? We haven't even seen a still shot.

there were reports saying it will be out during Christmas 09.

too lazy to look it up, but it's stated on PS3fanboy.com

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
disolitude said:

I personally think PS2 is to blame. They have a huge userbase for that system and it is still making them money.  They have had their big studios and other companies still making games for PS2 when PS3 came out. (god of war 2, Final Fantasy). Now PS2 support is dying but damage has already been done.

In comparison Microsoft just ditched the xbox and went straight to 360 the day it came out. Nintendo let the gamecube die without shedding a tear. I think PS2 is to blame for PS3's lack of software...

So according to you Sony should drop the PS2, it's huge userbase and profit? What company would let millions of dollars just slide away from them? (yes, MS indeed but they are so rich they really could care less)

Both the Gamecube and Xbox didn't have the userbase or marketshare that the PS2 had anyway. There's no comparison and God of war showed a sceptical market that the PS2 is still alive and kicking.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

It takes time and money to make and develop a game. Plus, don't developers want to polish games so that the quality can be shown (lol don't even think about mentioning Lair).

1/ MS rushed his Xbox360, so Sony decided to go as fast as possible to launch the PS3 but, at this moment, Sony was not rdy to launch the PS3. It is why ALL the PS3 world (Home+games) is late ; they have launched the hardware BEFORE the background (de support/games/home) was ready. They were really hurted by this.

2/ the console seems pretty complicated and games are late or delayed du to this complexity : Haze, MGS4, KZ2

Time to Work !

MS is just as slow as sony. Its just that sony shows their game ahead of time and MS shows their games when they are almost completed.

PSN ID: getrdone25

because sony really isn't bringing it this year. they aren't making enough #1 hits to please the public.