By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has been “Beta Tested in the Future” ad states

iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:
everything aside how horrible is it if everyone goes all raging over it?
ins't that the main purpose of advertisement

Not seen anyone raging about it, just seen a couple of people getting a bit bent out of place that it's being mentioned.

It's not a big deal, just a bad ad. 

In terms of marketing... making people say it's a bad ad/discussion is not the idea of an advertisement... An ad is to inform, excite, promote and to get people to buy. The Name/Console image/Style does the first lot, but the tagline does nothing to help sell the product. Taglines are very important to making it catchy/interesting.

does this ad create awareness for the xbox one?

I could put a turd on a poster and it might create some awareness, doesn't make it a good ad, it is a terrible heading.

not if it actually reached it purpose. not every ad has to do everything.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:

I could put a turd on a poster and it might create some awareness, doesn't make it a good ad, it is a terrible heading.

A good ad is one that gets the reader onboard, and that they can understand the message. I know the word Beta is more commonly used in the USA in general than say in Europe, but on the whole in software testing it's not a great term to use.. because it means something that is not finished. The problem here is in the structure of their sentence, "Beta tested in the future"... this could mean be read to mean that it's "Going to be tested in the future". As i said it's a poor sentence.

Ad's need to inform and educate but also need to be understandable. This is a poor ad soley because of the text they have used. Everything else is fine and within the message of XboxOne (i.e it's green, it shows the console, it shows the camera). If you cannot understand the message I don't see how you can reach the purpose of the ad.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

Not seen anyone raging about it, just seen a couple of people getting a bit bent out of place that it's being mentioned.

In terms of marketing... making people say it's a bad ad/discussion is not the idea of an advertisement... An ad is to inform, excite, promote and to get people to buy. The Name/Console image/Style does the first lot, but the tagline does nothing to help sell the product. Taglines are very important to making it catchy/interesting.

This ad won;t do much of anything for the x1.....it is beta tested in the future? Yes that will get people talking LOL.

iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

This ad won;t do much of anything for the x1.....it is beta tested in the future? Yes that will get people talking LOL.

it is actually doing something right now

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

How? because a few hardcore gamers ona  forum mentioned it?

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
iamdeath said:
kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

How? because a few hardcore gamers ona  forum mentioned it?

if you think thats the reach of that ad fine

well.that's nothing new.

microsoft already did it with the 360.
They future-Betatested the gamers with the RROD for years,
than they betatested the gamers with kinect for years(which is supposed to work in 2013(kinect2) finally as good as promised in 2009 .

nothing has changed

kirby007 said:

The only people raging are the ones getting incredibly defensive.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The ad would be OK if the RROD never happened.

pr3st00 said:
The ad would be OK if the RROD never happened.

I love dem bouncies.