By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE! MH4 now OutSold Denpa Man! O.o Currently @ 3rd On eShop! (AC+Pokemon Search Ahead)

[edit: sales of 3ds hardware is unknown, 400k is wat 3ds needs to outsell Wii Lifetime Sales]

Let the madness begin! Expected two day sales of well over a million, Monster Hunter 4 was available today from 07:00 JST in stores and on the eShop (no midnight release) for ¥5,990 (or ¥5,380 at the store above!).

★Digital Facts as of Right Now (will update every couple hours)★

Update1⇒ Monster Hunter 4 is already #1 on the eShop recent and #18 on the all-time above Dillon and Xevious (NSMB2 is #16)!

Update2⇒ It’s now sold more copies on the eShop than NSMB2

Update3⇒ It’s now at #9 on the all-time outselling Tomodachi Collection!

Update4⇒ The top five 3DS eShop all-time are:-
1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. Pokémon AR Searcher
3. Denpa Ningen no RPG
4. Charisou DX
5. Monster Hunter 4

Update5⇒ Monster Hunter 4 is now at #4!

Update6⇒ Monster Hunter 4 is now at #3! (Its in 4th if you include Virtual Games with SMB @ 3rd)

Update 7⇒ Monster Hunter 4 is now at #3 of every software passing SMB!!!!

http://www.inside-games.jp/

Around the Network

fuck 400K hardware units, I dont think anyone in that prediction thread was close to that number lol.

Wait wait wait...400k HW? 0.o

Ok now it makes sense.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Cobretti2 said:
fuck 400K hardware units, I dont think anyone in that prediction thread was close to that number lol.

That's my initial response but after re-reading the sentence it seems like the 3DS is 400k behind the Wii, not that the 3DS sold 400k units. They way it's written makes it a bit confusing.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

I was close but still 50k off.  Spurge and a few others were closer.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5649255

forest-spirit said:
Cobretti2 said:

That's my initial response but after re-reading the sentence it seems like the 3DS is 400k behind the Wii, not that the 3DS sold 400k units. They way it's written makes it a bit confusing.

Yeah, this.  Tbone is saying that 3DS is 400k LT sales behind Wii in Japan at the moment.

Not quite sure why he threw that into the OP since it seems to be confusing a few people :P

OT:  Physical / Digital split is going to be very interesting to see if we get some solid numbers.

forest-spirit said:
Cobretti2 said:

I was about to ask you what you meant, and I just realized that it does say in the OP " 3DS hardware sales are around 400,000 behind that of the Wii in Japan"
If you take off the parenthesis. 

Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
Cobretti2 said:

Yeah, this.  Tbone is saying that 3DS is 400k LT sales behind Wii in Japan at the moment.

Not quite sure why he threw that into the OP since it seems to be confusing a few people :P

OT:  Physical / Digital split is going to be very interesting to see if we get some solid numbers.

after reading it a few more times (i did jsut wake up itd 4am lol) I think you guys are right the ( ) mid sentence screwed with my mind lol.

Can't wait for the number though as I want to see if anyoe was close in that prediction thread.

Kresnik said:
forest-spirit said:
Cobretti2 said:

i copy paste from an article, my bad. I had the same reaction!