By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Number of mature video games down 50% from 2005

> The majority of games that gamers who scour videogame websites look forward to? perhaps.

All of those games are easily million seller, most of them can sell over 5 million, they are hardly niche game-website hyped games. people ACTUALLY BUY THEM

unlike some games that shall remain nameless. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

I never said they were niche (even though being 6% of the games released does make them niche). They just sell to people who would refer to themselves as "gamers". I'm not looking forward to any of those games and there are a lot more people like me than you seem to realize.

It seems like everyone wants those games for 2 reasons:

1. The "hardcore" comes out in strength to buy those particular games, because they only account for 6% of the games released.
2. They seem so anticipated because you are on a website, about games, full of gamers that enjoy those 6% of the games.

Think about it.
Add up the sales for the other 94% of the games released and compare them to those 6%. They seem so anticipated and sell well because they're not as dilluted as the others and because the people you surround yourself with on the internet love those games.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I could only find 3 of the rated M DS games:
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence;
Dementium: The Ward; and
Touch the Dead;