By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which XBOX ONE Kinect 2.0 focused game do you feel is a must own/system seller?

First off, the fact that they have taken a good produce and upgraded it so much is awesome. I can't imagine playing Skyrim without using Kinect now. It would be annoying to go backwards and pretend it doesn't make the game better.

Just being able to chose any Dragon Shout instantly, without the tediousness of going through a menu is great. Then the added feature like sort by weight or value for you inventory, reverse the sort, etc. Makes the game more manageable, especially as your character gets more advanced.

That being said, in my opinion they still haven't really shown a new "Killer Kinect App' yet. We do have yet to see what it can do for Zoo Tychoon. And there isn't yet a new Dance Central game, just a Just Dance one. People that have played them really like Disney's Fantasia and Sports Rivals.

I'm waiting to see what Double Fine does with a Xbox One sequel to Happy Action Theatre/Kinect Party. Or a follow up to Kinect Adventures, which I have played thousand of hours more than Wii Sports.

Sure, I will probably get those games. But I think they have yet to show their killer Kinect 2.0 apps. Other than the device it self, and hopefully, voice search will work within all the apps. If I had to chose one, right now it would be Disney Fantasia.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

The most important features of Kinect for me, and I'm sure other people, are not for gaming. It's console interaction and entertainment center controls. IR blaster is a feature people seem to overlook. Kinect fills the whole room with IR light and is capable of controlling other devices through this blanket. Pretty smart tech.

People view Kinect as only for games and useless if not used with games. I don't see any games I want for Kinect. That doesn't mean it's useless. All of the other features of Kinect is what makes it integral to the whole One Input design of Xbox One.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Adinnieken said:
kitler53 said:

yeah, agreed.  MS needs to either:

A) show some really great kinect games to show off the value of having kinect bundled in every xbone justifying the $100 price difference with ps4.

B) remove kinect if they don't have any great games elminiting the $100 that is at this point the primary reason xbone is trailing to ps4.

I disagree.

Kinect isn't just about games.

So far, the biggest Kinect game that comes to mind is Disney's Fantasia: Music Evolved. 

well the OS stuff hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. the xbone reveal had like 20 mintues dedicated to voice and motion control of the user interface and the story the press picked up was "where's the games?" and "what's up with the DRM?".  if it was so important that i can say "xbox on" it would be talked about a lot more.

...besides it's not like voice or motion controls are exclusive, new or even well recieved.

Kinect Sports Rivals, and the other hybrid games announced.

According to vg chartz, Kinect Sports 1 and 2 combined for about 7 million + sales. Not saying it is a system seller necessarily, but those are some impressive numbers for two games that a majority of 360 owners could not even purchase because they did not get a Kinect. Now that every Xbox One owner will have one, I can see this potentially selling very well.

It is more of a system seller than say Infamous (4.2 million between two games ... not sure if all the bundles counted for those as well). Kinect Sports hit nearly 8 million with a fraction of the install base.

Personally, I prefer the hybrid Kinect games more, but I'll probably pick up Kinect Sports Rivals ... just need to figure out how to arrange things so I don't have to move my furniture every time I want to play it though...

kitler53 said:
Adinnieken said:
kitler53 said:

yeah, agreed.  MS needs to either:

A) show some really great kinect games to show off the value of having kinect bundled in every xbone justifying the $100 price difference with ps4.

B) remove kinect if they don't have any great games elminiting the $100 that is at this point the primary reason xbone is trailing to ps4.

I disagree.

Kinect isn't just about games.

So far, the biggest Kinect game that comes to mind is Disney's Fantasia: Music Evolved. 

well the OS stuff hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. the xbone reveal had like 20 mintues dedicated to voice and motion control of the user interface and the story the press picked up was "where's the games?" and "what's up with the DRM?".  if it was so important that i can say "xbox on" it would be talked about a lot more.

...besides it's not like voice or motion controls are exclusive, new or even well recieved.

That's all true.  It's not about the One thing though.  The Kinect adds many layers of different capabilities.  You combine that with the HDMI input and you get a very powerful Media center.  You add in bluray, pure video game capability, motion controls, multi platform media access(xbox music,movies, apps) to your cell phone and or tablets or PCs.  

I think that any true gamer fanatic that KNOWS that they would never watch tv/ do motion gaming/ skype their friends while playing/ voice control tv or media or ever want to play any of the XB1 exclusives or content should probably just get the PS4 and don't look back.

Around the Network

Which games are Kinect centred?

VGPolyglot said:
Which games are Kinect centred?

Changed the subject from centered to focused.  Games where Kinect is essential.  Stuff like Dance Central.  Games that show off the Kinect as a must own.

I haven't seen any yet, but the fitness stuff is probably going to go to a new level so it would be interesting to see what comes out of that. I'd definitely like to see a Tai Chi trainer or something for us older folks. :D

None. I'm interested in Project Spark, but it doesn't make the Xbox One must own since it's also on PC. I'm sure my mouse will be more accurate and better at creating stuff than the Kinect is. It interests me, but I probably won't play it. I'm not the creative type unfortunately :(.

None, kinect is horrible