By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse and Forza Motorsport will be native 1080p on Xbox One

Good news for all of you high resolution and big screen TV fans. I’ve confirmed that at least two of the Xbox One’s launch games will be native 1080p. Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome will be native 1080p on the Xbox One. You can check Aaron Greenberg’s (Chief of Staff for Devices and Studios Group at Microsoft) response to my original question below.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Can't wait to see this in person.

Agreed. Hurry up November.

If the thread title read "Ryse and Forza Motorsport will not be native 1080p on Xbox One" we'd be on 7th page by now.

really nice. I wonder if Forza is 60 fps. Would be great for a racing sim!

Around the Network

I just how long they have been in developpement, native 1080p on launch looks like a dream come true.

Th3PANO said:
really nice. I wonder if Forza is 60 fps. Would be great for a racing sim!

Good news for you!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/forza-motorsport-5-will-run-in-1080p-at-60fps-6409332

Turn 10 Studios' upcoming Xbox One racer Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second in native 1080p resolution, the studio has confirmed.

Speaking in an interview with GameSpot about the pressure of developing a Forza Motorsport in time for the Xbox One launch later in 2013, Turn 10 Studios' content director John Wendel said, "I believe we're uniquely positioned to deliver on that challenge. We're a huge epic game that's going to be running at 1080p, 60fps on the next-gen console, so it's an incredible opportunity on one hand, but you have to be incredibly flexible and agile and self-aware on the other hand."

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@pano

60fps is a must for forza and they obviously have it in forza 5. i think even horizon should have it. sure, it would look worse then because much more power is needed just for more frames as if you would have only 30fps but it would simply feel better then and that is what is most important in a racing game.

I wonder if/how they've tweaked the physics? There were subtle changes between F3 and 4 which for me greatly enhanced the feel of the cars.

Do we have a confirmed FPS for Ryse?

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.