By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is “GPU Acceleration” Xbox One Secret Sauce?

Osc89 said:
Cool, so the Xbox One could be more powerful after all?

Not sure it is necessarily saying that.

I think the point is that the Xbox One has several dedicated processors and those processors could easily offload work from the CPU and GPU reducing the specification advantage that the PS4 has.

Around the Network

Serious question, what does video encoding/decoding have to do with rendering.
Isn't enlisting the gpu to shorten video encoding times taking away time for rendering the game?

Adinnieken said:

WAIT!!!!  Before you respond.  Read this comment.

EDIT:  Now go to the source and finish reading the comments (there are only three).   THEN comment here.

pretty much what I have been thinking.... hey just a few weeks to wait now... I'm more interested by what TGS will bring us than to know if XB1 will be on par with PS4 it is already a better product for my needs anyway....

oh goodie... misterxmedia has resurfaced !
(And I tought he finaly got the help he desperately needed).....

bananaking21 said:
this is just getting beyond sad

No, it is just a thread about the Xbox One for Xbox enthousiasts. The only sad thing here is you posting that kind of pathetic comment in every single Xbox thread. If you do not like them, just ignore these threads, I see plenty of thread talking about the PS4 and its features, I do not think you find anything "sad" about them...

Around the Network

An xbox thread? SHUT IT DOWN!!!!1

bananaking21 said:

I am having a feeling like I am in an echo chamber with deja vu.  Didn't I read this secret sauce article in another thread on here, or is this the same thread?

Let's see, word I am seeing out of people on the Microsoft forum is that the PS4 and ONE's third party are the same.  So, let's see, I can get AT LEAST the same quality between third-party stuff on both platforms and the PS4 is $100 cheaper?  Am I supposed to be in love with Kinect 2.0 to not get a PS4 instead of a ONE?

Someone fill me in here on what I am missing.  Or, is it Ryse (the answer to God of War on Microsoft platform) or Killer Instinct reboot supposed to make a difference?

Proof is in the end result, which we will know in 3-2-5 yr's.

This is getting tiresome. The PS4 is more powerful than XB1. All of this hand ringing by "fans" to make that not seem the case is getting old. This isn't like the prior generations in which each platform had heavily customized hardware with different architectures. The PS4 and XB1's cpu and gpu technology is both provided by AMD.

Imaginedvl said:
bananaking21 said:

No, it is just a thread about the Xbox One for Xbox enthousiasts. The only sad thing here is you posting that kind of pathetic comment in every single Xbox thread. If you do not like them, just ignore these threads, I see plenty of thread talking about the PS4 and its features, I do not think you find anything "sad" about them...

Thing is I believe this information has come up in other threads, so it is not new, and is considered suspect.  So, it would be sad to rehash suspect information over and over again, as if cheerleading.  It is also sad that someone who is a videogame player needs to have such information to boost their morale.