By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think that religion has any place in politics?

I don't think religion has its place in politics... Common sense should have it's place in politics

It's all about People

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
PDF said:

Separation of Church and State.

Religion and Church are not the same thing.

Dont blame a whole religion for one donomination.

It's "church and state" because "religion and state" doesn't sound as nice. Seriously, man, saying the State can have "religion" as long as it doesn't have "church" is just ASKING for trouble. It's like telling an alcoholic to have one and only one drink a day.

"Don't blame a whole religion for one denomination" Does this mean you think it is ok for the State to do generic Christian stuff but not specifically Catholic/Lutheran/Anglican/whatever stuff?
PDF said:
Give our Founders a little more credit that just using words that sound best. They knew better than anyone the difference between the words.

What is the Goal of keeping Church and State seperate? It is to make it so that no one Church tells people how to worship like the Catholic church did, or for any government to tell you how to worship like the English Monarch did.

If somone is influence by faith that is ok. He should be allowed to to make laws on what influences him as anyone who is influenced by other stuff gets to.

Sorry for the delayed response. You make a good rebuttal to my casual handwaving, I admit I should make a more detailed argument about why I think you are being unnecessarily restrictive of what I think the FFs meant "Church" to encompass.

More importantly, however: YOU HAVE UTTERLY DODGED MY QUESTION. Please answer it. You seem to be edging towards "yes" but please give a concrete "yes" or "no" and then explain or clarify or qualify that as much as you wish AFTER giving a "yes" or "no".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It should be left out of politics b. some ppl . dn't practice a religon and don't deserve to practice a religon b. they are forced
to
this is a free country and religon should not play a role to all