By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Producer on Majora’s Mask Remake: ‘Say That I Laughed’

Tagged games:

Do you want a MM remake?

Yes 18 90.00%

No 2 10.00%

Total:20
WagnerPaiva said:
Salnax said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Make a new I.P. instead, Nintendo needs some refreshing new ideas

Don't make me pull out the "Nintendo New IP" timeline on you.

If you have it in hand, I would love to see.

It's not a complete timeline, but here's a partial list of new series, franchises, etc they've published starting in 2000. I might be missing some stuff.

Please note that I'm also going to include new subseries (If I started a decade earlier, Mario Kart would count, etc.) I'd do the same thing for Microsoft for example by counting Halo Wars as its own thing.

Actually, I'll italicize anything that can be considered part of another series

*2000 - Paper Mario, Sin & Punishment, Warlocked

*2001 - Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Golden Sun, Magical Vacation

*2002 - Eternal Darkness, Zelda: Four Swords, Starfy

*2003 - Donkey Konga, WarioWare, Mario & Luigi

*2004 - Custom Robo, Polarium

*2005 - Battalion Wars, Geist, Chibi Robo, King of Swing, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Drill Dozer, Meteos, Nintendogs, Another Code, Electroplankton, Brain Age, Big Brain, Ouendan

*2006 - Odama, Wii Sports, Rhythm Heaven, Magnetica, Pokemon Ranger, Elite Beat Agents, Tingle,

*2007 - Wii Play, Wii Fit, Hotel Dusk, DK Jungle Climber, Flash Focus

*2008 - Endless Ocean, Wii Music, Captain Rainbow, Art Style series, Fossil Fighters, Style Savvy

*2009 - Excitebots, Bonsai Barber, Pokemon Rumble, Friend Collection, Art Academy

*2010 - PokePark, FlingSmash, Xenoblade, Fluidity

*2011 - The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Steel Diver, Freakyforms, Pushmo

*2012 - Kiki Trick, Nintendo Land, Pokemon Conquest, Spirit Camera, Sakura Samurai, Rolling Western

*2013 - The Wonderful 101, Lego City, Harmoknight

Note that Nintendo has done something entirely new every year except for 2003. Laso note that some of these IPs, including the various Wii games, Brain Age, Nintendogs, Pikmin, and Animal Crossing, are now staple Nintendo series.

Yes, Nintendo made more new IP's back in the 80's. But that's because they didn't have any IP's to start with.

Love and tolerate.