By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reality really is Wii-biased.

brute said:
well the wii mote is sorta like a mouse and keyboard so i can see why they like it

no way! how is the wiimote a keyboard?

Around the Network

Games go higher than 60FPS? I've never in my life played a game like that.

Ratchet runs at 60FPS, Naz.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:

The demo of Ratchet that I played at a kiosk didn't run at 60 fps.

Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

That's just the shity dem. The game is 60FPS.

http://www.psu.com/Ratchet-+-Clank-Future-specs-revealed-News--a0001388-p0.php

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

That's not a review of the game's performance, that's the developer saying it will happen. Two different things.

At any rate, this is getting off-topic. 

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Legend11 said:

I talked about the topic post in my first post in this thread. The post you are replying to is actually for the people in this thread that took the original post and then proceeded to make assumptions based on the likes of some of the people on this forum. I was just pointing out that in other threads based on the likes of people on this forum their preferences didn't translate into what you would expect for real world numbers (a lot more preferred the Gamecube for example than sales of the system would lead a person to expect).

You said: "It seems like we're basing that belief on the users of this site which has a Nintendo bias."

When in fact, posters were making inferences based on the apparent Nintendo bias at Tech Report.

Also, if you're concerned about people calling you a troll, you should probably avoid demeaning groups of gamers as you did in your first post in this thread. 

Look if you don't want me in your threads then next time actually have a topic that describes your first post accurately.  As for Tech Report having a "Wii Bias" you base that entirely on a Friday night article with a few responses?  Do you always assume things like that?

As for demeaning a group of gamers I stated something that I have seen *many* times on *many* sites by *many* users.  Hell, I even see it in this thread, look at my first post in this thread and then scroll down to HappySqurriel's post and read it.

As for people calling me a troll, if coming into a thread and actually bringing up reasons for why people might be making assumptions based on too little data then I guess I must be mistaken on what the definition of a troll is.

You need to pass on some of that knowledge, Legend. How do you manage to be so Anti-Wii and get away with it?

Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

That's not a review of the game's performance, that's the developer saying it will happen. Two different things.

At any rate, this is getting off-topic.

Well, either way, the vast majority of current and announced games on HD consoles run at 30 FPS.

Legend11 said:

Look if you don't want me in your threads then next time actually have a topic that describes your first post accurately. As for Tech Report having a "Wii Bias" you base that entirely on a Friday night article with a few responses? Do you always assume things like that?

As for demeaning a group of gamers I stated something that I have seen *many* times on *many* sites by *many* users. Hell, I even see it in this thread, look at my first post in this thread and then scroll down to HappySqurriel's post and read it.

As for people calling me a troll, if coming into a thread and actually bringing up reasons for why people might be making assumptions based on too little data then I guess I must be mistaken on what the definition of a troll is.

1) I never said I didn't want you in my thread.  I also posted that if I was able to edit this thread's title, I would have -- regardless of that, my first post makes my point plainly clear.  It also makes the limitation of the data sample plainly clear.

2) HappySquirrel's post wasn't demeaning.  He said that PC gamers respect the Wii for what it is.  You said the Wii reinforces PC elitists' stereotypes about what consoles should be.  Those are very different statements.

3) The argument that this is a limited set of data is not a trollish argument and is something I acknowledged in the original post.  I warned about demeaning a group of gamers, nothing more.

wiiforever said:
brute said:
well the wii mote is sorta like a mouse and keyboard so i can see why they like it

no way! how is the wiimote a keyboard?

I think he meant the Wii Remote is more like a mouse than an analog stick.