Kim Dotcom will play Call of Duty against Digital Nationz attendees in the name of charity

Dotcom – formerly ranked number one in the world in Modern Warfare 3 – has committed to 100 one-on-one games of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 at the event, 75 of which will be against members of the public.

The other 25 games will be against Naughty Dog's designer Benson Russell, Epic Games animator Jay Hosfelt, and Crytek producer Michael Read.

The games will take place on Sunday September 29, and for each celebrity Dotcom defeats, he will donate NZ$100 to charity.

“This is something completely new for me that I haven’t done before,” he said.

“I can’t wait to see the calibre of MW3 players New Zealand has to offer, then play them and hopefully beat them.

“But either way, expect a great show and a lot of fun at Digital Nationz.”

Dotcom will also feature as a guest speaker on Digital Nationz panel “Beyond Next Gen: What will be the next evolution and why?”

The panel will be hosted by David Farrier, and features TVNZ’s Gadget Guy John Buckley, Crytek producer Michael Read, and Digital Nationz event manager Peter Hall.

“We’re super stoked that Kim is taking time out of his busy schedule to join us at Digital Nationz,” said Hall.

“He is known throughout the gaming community as a fierce player and to have him participate at this level against the public and talk about the future of gaming is awesome!”

Those keen to take on Dotcom need to secure a ticket to the event before August 22, then register for the Modern Warfare 3 draw on the Digital Nationz website.

Digital Nationz Is NZ version of E3 accept much Much MUCH smaller :P

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/playstation-3/news/g522fa1a61fd85/Dotcom-challenges-public-to-MW3-battle-at-Digital-Nationz/