By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple's Low-Cost iPhone 5C Officially Announced

Tagged games:

ghost_of_fazz said:
I bet those cost about $50/each to produce. At most.

I know Apples margin is BIG, but saying that it only cost $50 to produce means nothing.... its like saying that a game disc only costs about $1 to make..... You have to pay your employees, research and development, etc... etc... nothing comes for free... plz think before typing crap...

Also do you know that after they design procesors they are SO CHEAP to produce and they still charge you $300 dollars for an intel i7 (top of the line can go up to $1000 dollars)... and i can assure you that to produce one of those processors is way cheaper than $50 dollars....

Since your a pc gamer you should know that.

Remember they are developing their own microprocesors... And they develope their own Mobile Operative System, something which Nokia or Samsung dont... and that is not free...

Around the Network

I got my Nokia Lumia 920 for 50$ with a contract. This isn't cheap, just another way for Apple to rip people off.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

4lc0h0l said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

I know Apples margin is BIG, but saying that it only cost $50 to produce means nothing.... its like saying that a game disc only costs about $1 to make..... You have to pay your employees, research and development, etc... etc... nothing comes for free... plz think before typing crap...

Also do you know that after they design procesors they are SO CHEAP to produce and they still charge you $300 dollars for an intel i7 (top of the line can go up to $1000 dollars)... and i can assure you that to produce one of those processors is way cheaper than $50 dollars....

Remember they are developing their own microprocesors... And they develope their own Mobile Operative System, something which Nokia or Samsung dont... and that is not free...

Let me guess, you like Apple and its products? Sorry if I offended you, guy.

ghost_of_fazz said:
4lc0h0l said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Thats kind of uncalled for... I personally dislike Apple products quite a bit, but his reply is quite valid.

Had an iphone for two years now, getting a Galaxy. I just can't handle the lack of innovation anymore.

Around the Network

I hear Apple dropped in stock like 5% today, even though the rest of the market all went up.

disolitude said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
4lc0h0l said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Thats kind of uncalled for... I personally dislike Apple products quite a bit, but his reply is quite valid.

But still, how is it crap to say that those are made for less than $50 each? Even if Apple spends on research, development, or design, let's just admit that even counting those, they have a very large margin of profits. Really, I doubt Apple spends much on their design team nowadays. Or in their factories at China. We all know the pricing of Apple products is based on brand, and aiming for a lower price would go against ther philosophy. It would destroy their reputation, the reputation that drives their sales.

Kinda like Nintendo's games: They take A LOT of time to go down in price, because people have the idea that Nintendo's games have lots of value on them.

And this goes for every product Apple sells, specially their computers.

ghost_of_fazz said:
disolitude said:
ghost_of_fazz said:
4lc0h0l said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

But still, how is it crap to say that those are made for less than $50 each? Even if Apple spends on research, development, or design, let's just admit that even counting those, they have a very large margin of profits. Really, I doubt Apple spends much on their design team nowadays. Or in their factories at China. We all know the pricing of Apple products is based on brand, and aiming for a lower price would go against ther philosophy. It would destroy their reputation, the reputation that drives their sales.

Kinda like Nintendo's games: They take A LOT of time to go down in price, because people have the idea that Nintendo's games have lots of value on them.

And this goes for every product Apple sells, specially their computers.

Looking at Apple's bottom line, they are certanly overcharging for prodcuts. No doubt about it... I do think that the hardware, design and just overall investment in Apple makes in to their hardware and software is substantial but I am fairly certain they could sell iPhones for $200 bucks a pop and still make a small profit. But since there is demand for their product at those rediculous prices, they would be stupid not to overcharge.  This is capitalism and if Samsung and Nokia could get away with it, they would do it as well...

Otherwise Apple, Nintendo games, Intel CPU's...they are all quite expensive and they retain their value like crazy. Pretty much for the same reasons.

wtf? on contact?? lol yea 'Cheap'. if your going to sign a contact why wouldn't you want to best hardware??? i love how phone companies get away with selling OVERPRICED phones each year... If the Iphone C didn't come with a contact and costed $200, that would actually make since.. given its OLD hardware inside.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Low cost? The 5C (£469) is more expensive than the HTC one (£430) and Galaxy S4 (£430) sim free. for 16gb models.

Lol again at low-cost

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]