By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the DS get another redesign?

Seeing the new Apple Air made me think that the DS could undergo a similar transformation. First, geting rid of the GBA slot, that thing takes up a ton of space. Next, get LED backlighting. Technology has also improved since the DS Lite was released, so better battery life is possibly by using smaller components and better batteries.

Imagine a half in thick DS that folded up like a makeup case. The women would go nuts over it. Also, it would be cool if the case was metal. 

Around the Network

Its only a matter of time before Nintendo releases it, they are holding it back for when DS Lite sales slow down.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Probably not for a couple of years, DS lite is stil at its launch price of 16800 in Japan, so they'd probably do a price drop first, and in NA and Others its still selling boatloads, so it'll be a while I think before any new version comes out

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

It shouldn 't soon b.c the sales are still very good
Maybe when the sales die down they'll start to plan a release date
it would be cool to see another one though..

Only when sales fo down, Then theyll put another versions with more features and non-gaming functions

Around the Network

I don't want new features. Just thin and sexy!

FishyJoe, you're forgetting about the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games on the DS. You NEED the GBA slot for importing Pokemon from the GBA games and unlocking rare occurances in the games after the National Dex.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
FishyJoe, you're forgetting about the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games on the DS. You NEED the GBA slot for importing Pokemon from the GBA games and unlocking rare occurances in the games after the National Dex.

I'm sure they could create a cable or adapter that could perform this function if needed.

Or instead of a slot have it be a flip open panel that you can shove the GBS cart into, that way its hidden inside the machine, looks more attractive

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

not anytime soon with DS sales selling faster than the fastest selling console ever