By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's a great gift for a 7 year old kid?

Depends on the budget you have, but probably a Hot Wheels loop track will make him happy and keep busy, or something like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''You tend to think that there is a big gap between F1 and everything else. F1 is where all the fantastic drivers are, so you just don't know how good you are until you get there''.                  

Jean Alesi

Around the Network
attaboy said:

What are kids into these days?  I have no idea.  Jump ropes and hoola hoops?  Help me out, here.  This kid's birthday is this weekend and I want to make a good impression.

Based on this video of this kid who found his mum's dildo, apparently double-dildos.  The kid was going wild playing with the thing.  Even dad got a laugh out of it. 

But I think those are probably an expensive gift for a 7 yo old.

EDIT:  I'd try to find out what his interests are.

attaboy said:

What are kids into these days?  I have no idea.  Jump ropes and hoola hoops?  Help me out, here.  This kid's birthday is this weekend and I want to make a good impression.

The 2DS + Pokemon

or 3DS if you trust them not to snap it in half and they are old enough for 3D (I think 7 is old enough) though you can turn 3d off in the parental controls anyway.

Start the addiction early.

attaboy said:

My nephew is over 5, but I can't go wrong with LEGO's. His soft spot are trucks - fireman, police, garbage lol For a good impression, go for the bigger set ;)

the_dengle said:
There's no shame in asking his parents for tips.

This is a good idea

Around the Network

I didn't go with Legos. Too many options. I talked to his mom and found out that he likes Superman, Batman, and Star Wars. Grabbed a Star Wars Light Saber. Mission complete!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgQHbHLUW2s

I got my SNES at seven. Get them a Wii U. My parents hated when I started playing the Playstation, it was either Nintendo or nothing at all, so Nintendo is a great start for children.

StannisMannis said:

This is a great question and is the reason i signed up, I would also like to know what you would get a 4 year old..

On one hand, I'm glad you joined because of this thread.  On the other hand, if you wanted a serious answer, I'm sorry!  We're a loveable but not very helpful bunch.  :(

attaboy said:
StannisMannis said:

This is a great question and is the reason i signed up, I would also like to know what you would get a 4 year old..

On one hand, I'm glad you joined because of this thread.  On the other hand, if you wanted a serious answer, I'm sorry!  We're a loveable but not very helpful bunch.  :(

Hey.  I'm telling you, that kid had a blast with that double-dong dildo.  I don't have a link to the video but the kid running around jiggling the thing, his dad just loosing it laughing, and his mom flustered, running after him trying to stop him.  In a way it was reminiscent of Benny Hill, which no doubt is meaningless to most of you.

Funny as heck.  A gift a kid loves to play with, and mom (or dad) can play with too.

2DS