By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking Back: Your opinion on The Last of Us. (best game ever created) *spoilers*

I don't think you can say "best game" as comparing various genres have strengths and weaknesses.

I loved Last of Us, but the most interesting aspect was playing it with my lady on the couch next to me. Generally she reads a book, messes about on her phone. With Last of Us she was enthralled and demanded me NOT to play when she was not around. The story, characters, writing, everything in the story department was handled with level of nuance and care on another level than usual within the medium. I personally enjoyed the crafting, planning out how to clear a room and finding secrets and details of story telling through clues left by others. It constantly surprised me and went places I did not expect. I cared what happened and honestly at times lost touch with "game logic" due to immersion.

I get how some people are not fans and want pure game experiences, but for what it set out to do, it did with such great aplomb I cannot fault Naughty Dog. Fantastic game to me and their crowning achievement (Sorry Crash 3, Jak and Daxter and Uncharted 2).

Around the Network

Game of the generation for me and one of the best of all time, absolutely amazing game.

I thought it was a great game. I came in expecting an entertaining story and excellent voice acting/dialogue, but was surprised at how much fun I had with the actual game play. I played through the game twice, on hard the first time, and then on survivor, and then a bit of multiplayer before moving on. I'll probably give the game another spin when the DLC comes out.

So far it's still my personal pick for Game of the Year, which may or may not change depending on how well Grand Theft Auto 5 and Beyond: Two Souls turn out.

It's a great game, I will say that. I don't think it's the best game ever. While the story is great, the gameplay is not exactly outstanding, it's similar to what Naughty Dog has put out in the past (Uncharted), which is not completely outstanding in that it is to be expected, it's not very innovative.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Best game I've played this gen, and possibly ever. The single player was so captivating and the play style was very well thought out to reward tactical play. I think the multi-player is the same, extremely unique and it rewards team play and skilled players. Overall a phenomenal game.

Around the Network

Very solid and moving game. 10/10

Also i don't like using words like best game ever etc. Everyone enjoys different kind of things. Just like movies i have many games i would say are my best games.

Visuals - 9.5/10
Gameplay - 8.5/10
Sound - 9.5/10
Story - 9/10

Overall = 9/10

I think overall is a good game. Just that stealth gameplay was crap.

I won't go as far as to say it was the "Best" game.  But I do think it was "The Citizen Kane Moment of Gaming."  It was the moment that the story in a game was more than just "good."  I would argue it was the best Post-Apocalyptic story I have ever seen.  Yes better than "The Road," "The Walking Dead," and all the others...

Augen said:
I don't think you can say "best game" as comparing various genres have strengths and weaknesses.

I loved Last of Us, but the most interesting aspect was playing it with my lady on the couch next to me. Generally she reads a book, messes about on her phone. With Last of Us she was enthralled and demanded me NOT to play when she was not around. The story, characters, writing, everything in the story department was handled with level of nuance and care on another level than usual within the medium. I personally enjoyed the crafting, planning out how to clear a room and finding secrets and details of story telling through clues left by others. It constantly surprised me and went places I did not expect. I cared what happened and honestly at times lost touch with "game logic" due to immersion.

I get how some people are not fans and want pure game experiences, but for what it set out to do, it did with such great aplomb I cannot fault Naughty Dog. Fantastic game to me and their crowning achievement (Sorry Crash 3, Jak and Daxter and Uncharted 2).

Same!  My girlfriend absolutely loved it, and she is the farthest thing you could be from a gamer besides being an "Anti-Gamer."