By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz tracking PS Vita TV?

I don't see the issue here just combine the sales for the front page and do a breakdown on the weekly or monthly analysis. So people can see the difference.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
okr said:
JoeTheBro said:
okr said:
It's not a handheld, it's a streaming device (if I understood the concept correctly).

No. Take a vita. Now remove the buttons, battery, and the screen. Add HDMI out. Tada, you just built your own PSVITA.TV.

i.e. it's not a handheld but a streaming device which can also play a pretty huge library of handheld and older console games (biggest flaw as an Apple TV competitor imo is the missing 1080P output for movies, but anyway).

In the same way that the PS4 is a streaming device, then sure.

...and the PS3, X360, X1, Wii U (and Wii in certain countries), yes. PSVita.TV can stream movies and has access to the same good movie/TV show library as PS3 and PS4 which imo is the biggest selling point to people without (primary interest in) a gaming console. It's not only a handheld turned into a handheld/console hybrid (which is interesting enough for people who want this feature) but - more importantly imo - a competitor to Apple TV, and in that regard I'm surprised that they didn't include 1080P output for movies which I see as the device's only design flaw at the moment (one could argue that a missing simple remote for non-gamers is a flaw as well, but this "issue" can easily be solved with a remote app for Android and iOS devices).

tbone51 said:
kupomogli said:
The PS Vita TV is the console without the screen and controllers included. The 2DS is the console without the 3D.

I see no real difference as it's the exact same console, minus a little bit of compatibility in features. Retail games are still playable on it and it still accepts Vita memory cards. I think it should be tracked along with Vita sales.

no real difference? There is a huge difference. (not saying to exclude ps vita tv with vita) 2DS is a 3DS without 3D, same crap! PS Vita TV is no PS Vita, in fct its more like a PS Home Console. Only reason why its called PSV in my opinion is to add both sale #s together to make Vita not sound bad anymore. It could of been called PS TV and nobody would of thought it was a vita, just a good device that lets you stream classic/psp/psv games!!!!!

except you put Vita games in it...

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:
kupomogli said:
The PS Vita TV is the console without the screen and controllers included. The 2DS is the console without the 3D.

I see no real difference as it's the exact same console, minus a little bit of compatibility in features. Retail games are still playable on it and it still accepts Vita memory cards. I think it should be tracked along with Vita sales.

no real difference? There is a huge difference. (not saying to exclude ps vita tv with vita) 2DS is a 3DS without 3D, same crap! PS Vita TV is no PS Vita, in fct its more like a PS Home Console. Only reason why its called PSV in my opinion is to add both sale #s together to make Vita not sound bad anymore. It could of been called PS TV and nobody would of thought it was a vita, just a good device that lets you stream classic/psp/psv games!!!!!

its not digital only? Why did somebody say that then? Well be it as counting with/without PSV TV>>>PSV imo in sales

tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:
kupomogli said:

its not digital only? Why did somebody say that then? Well be it as counting with/without PSV TV>>>PSV imo in sales

Doesn't look like it's digital only...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:
kupomogli said:

EDT: You stole my post! And my gif too!

It's definitely not digital only.

8GB's

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

okr said:
It's not a handheld, it's a streaming device (if I understood the concept correctly).

It plays physical Vita games...

To me it's a next level concept of a Portable VideoGame Play anywhere if there's a TV... LOL

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Vita TV salles will be so marginal that it will be vary dificult to trace such a small volume.

Vita is dying, I can deny Sony´s efforts but the marketing has move on. A chea´TV add-on won´t make a change.

I don't think you grasp the concept of the Vita TV. It's not an add-on...

It's a device which can:

1) Play PS4 games through streaming (remote play)
2) Play music, movies, TV shows through streaming and downloads
3) Play PSOne games, PSP games AND PS Vita games

So, why anyone would buy a VTV rather a PS4 or a ChromeCast or a Apple TV or a Xbox One or a PS3 or a Wii or a WiiU or a Ouya or a iPad or a iPhone or a Surface...?

I can´t see how the VTV is a game changer. For me is just a punny hybrid that Sony have to make a huge effort to thrive in a crowded market.

Dark_Feanor said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Vita TV salles will be so marginal that it will be vary dificult to trace such a small volume.

Vita is dying, I can deny Sony´s efforts but the marketing has move on. A chea´TV add-on won´t make a change.

I don't think you grasp the concept of the Vita TV. It's not an add-on...

It's a device which can:

1) Play PS4 games through streaming (remote play)
2) Play music, movies, TV shows through streaming and downloads
3) Play PSOne games, PSP games AND PS Vita games

So, why anyone would buy a VTV rather a PS4 or a ChromeCast or a Apple TV or a Xbox One or a PS3 or a Wii or a WiiU or a Ouya or a iPad or a iPhone or a Surface...?

I can´t see how the VTV is a game changer. For me is just a punny hybrid that Sony have to make a huge effort to thrive in a crowded market.

Because it costs 100 dollars, allows you to take your PS4 to your friend's home in the palm of your hand, allows you to play PS Vita/PSP games on the TV, also PS1 games available?

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!