By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what will happen after release of SSBB and Mario Kart Wii

Nothing. There wil be nothing from Kirby, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, or Donkey Kong. No Kid Icarus, PilotWings, no sports games, no further Zelda installments, nothing new from the Wii line, and certainly no new IPs. Factor 5 will shelve their Wii game, and Retro Studios will disappear from the face of the earth. The Wii will be discontinued in 2009, and the hardcore will rejoice and burn Mario in effigy.

Around the Network

Pikmin, wii sports 2

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a Star Fox, Pikmin, F-Zero and a couple of new IP's before we will get blown away with the first real Zelda game designed especially for the Wii (Zelda TP is a Gamecube game with Wii controlls). Miyamoto already hinted that he's interested in doing sequels for SMG. SMG2 is a safe bet.

Expect some big surprises after Mario Kart Wii I'm hoping for a Kid Icarus game myself.

Desroko said:
Nothing. There wil be nothing from Kirby, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, or Donkey Kong. No Kid Icarus, PilotWings, no sports games, no further Zelda installments, nothing new from the Wii line, and certainly no new IPs. Factor 5 will shelve their Wii game, and Retro Studios will disappear from the face of the earth. The Wii will be discontinued in 2009, and the hardcore will rejoice and burn Mario in effigy.

Bah I was about to say nothing, but you did it before me, and better then I had planned to do it.

matheousse said:

All big "franchise" of Nintendo will be released after the middle of this year and after that?

Then this site will be empty coz everyone will play those games.

Only Leo-J will be here and spam like hell.

Around the Network

PILOT WINGS WII .... oh lord make it happen

And for the casuals I'm thinking they will announce new games for the Wii balance board as well. Continuing on the Wii brand succes I would suggest they make a winter sports game to use the balance board. Wiinter Sports anyone?

well mario kart wii is coming out around Q2 which is around E3. which means that shortly after mario kart comes out nintendo will announce a bunch of new games for the wii.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Soriku, it took you fifteen minutes to mention KH. You're slipping.

but for X-mas 2008 ?