By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What consoles have you owned?

What consoles have You owned?

Only Playstation 20 13.25%

Only Xbox 2 1.32%

Only Nintendo 17 11.26%

Console(s) from more than just 1 112 74.17%

Total:151

I am just curious and interested in doing a little survey.  So I ask that people post what consoles they have owned in order of generation like so:

My past consoles:

Sega Genisis

N64

PS2, Gamecube

PS3

PS4

I got the PS2 before the Gamecube, so it came first (On the left) in that gen.  How about you guys?!

EDIT after data gained:

Ok I think I have enough data to come to a conclusion on something.  On an IGN round table they were talking about what company has the upper hand and Colon came up with a great point:  "In general, there is no such thing as console loyalty."  

I think this thread has shown that this is correct.  Almost all of us have hopped between brands at some point and back and forth.  People buy the best product, not their favorite brand.

I didn't buy a PS3 because I loved my PS2 a ton.  I wanted a future-proof console with all the bells and whistles:  Blue Ray, HDD, Wifi, Bluetooth.  To get the equivalent on Xbox I had to pay ~$500 and I still only had 20GB and no Bluetooth.  So I got a PS3 a month after launch!

Same with PS4.  It has the games I want, lets me upgrade the HDD, has bluetooth,  and it costs the least.  No brand loyalty, just good products people.  My PSN stuff carrying over was just iceing on the cake!

P.S.  I am not saying the Xbox One is not a better choice for some people.  The point is the "Loyal Fanbase" argument needs to just die.

Around the Network

All the main ones since the NES, excluding 3DS and WiiU (but hey, they're new).

Snes, N64, Gameboy Color, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP (well my brother had it)

had a Wii in my position a while ago, might get it back

Sega Mega drive
Playstation 1 , 2, 3
PSP Vita
Gameboy, GB color, DS
Xbox, 360

N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Gensis, PSP, GBA, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U.

Around the Network

ColecoVision

PS3

No kidding...

In order of when I got them:

SNES
GBC
N64
GC
GBA
PS1
Wii
DS
PS2
3DS

Nintendo and PC gamer

NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, dead PS3, PS2, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, ,dead PS3, GBA, DS, dead PS3, 3DS, X360, PS3 Slim, PC, Genisis, Dreamcast.

SNES is my favorite.

- N64
- GB Color
- Xbox
- Wii
- 3DS
- Wii U

Home consoles:
N64
Playstation
Gamecube
Wii
Playstation3
WiiU

Handheld:
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
DS
PsP
3DS

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)