By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse: Son of Rome Execution Move 1

El_Machete said:
I love action movies, but the one thing that pisses me off all the way down to the core is slow down cinematics (whatever you call it). You know when two people are fighting and the director really wants me to see how that punches that other guy. yea turns me off completely. you know what I mean?

Anyway this games screams that shit to me. why the fuck do they have to change cameras in the middle of combat and give me a different angle? or slow it down?? come on!, NO!!! all i wanted was dark souls with a roman setting and no magic. This is not it, so far.

Well, it looks like a replica of Assassins Creed battle predominantly found in part three's engine, just less in depth and more having to do with shield and slash attacks. It's simpler than Assassins Creed in that way but gorier. Assassins Creed was easy, so I will assume this is just as easy but more focused on the story, which takes your mind off of the lack of depth in Ai intelligence. The story should be fine, its the multiplayer I am worried about though.

Around the Network

Talk about clipping lol.

Regardless it looked chill. Execution style was pretty modest though(kinda disgusting that this is considered relatively tame). Hopefully in the next one he does something epic like tossing a guy in the air and ripping another guy's spine out to use as a bat right before the first guy lands...

JoeTheBro said:
Talk about clipping lol.

Regardless it looked chill. Execution style was pretty modest though(kinda disgusting that this is considered relatively tame). Hopefully in the next one he does something epic like tossing a guy in the air and ripping another guy's spine out to use as a bat right before the first guy lands...

I want to see him decapitate someone and then while the head is still resting on the guys body he punches the head so it hits the person behind it which causes the AI to stagger a bit. Then he just runs in and does some crazy shit to him like slicing him in half or whatever.

I know I'm a sick person but it's Roman times, anything goes!!!

Edit - It's sort of like the move he did in the video, except instead of pushing his entire body towards the enemy, he'll just be punching the decapitated head ^^

El_Machete said:
I love action movies, but the one thing that pisses me off all the way down to the core is slow down cinematics (whatever you call it). You know when two people are fighting and the director really wants me to see how that punches that other guy. yea turns me off completely. you know what I mean?

Anyway this games screams that shit to me. why the fuck do they have to change cameras in the middle of combat and give me a different angle? or slow it down?? come on!, NO!!! all i wanted was dark souls with a roman setting and no magic. This is not it, so far.

I know what you're talking about, it just flows so much better that way and makes the combat way more intense. Slow downs often make it easy. Sleeping dogs was good about this, it had the occasional slow down/angle change but it was never too much, it's why I loved playing the martial arts competitions.

If you haven't played it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFfdzMMRkEw 

Around the Network

Has it been confirmed that all of this slow-mo is mandatory? If all of this stuff is optional, then all of the "concern" about it will be for naught.

Nice avatar Nsanity, "If you don't eat it right you're gonna die tonight" LOL.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Thx Nsanity, keep posting!

From another thread:

This game will probably sell me on xbox one on the long run. it just looks too fucking good and my general weakness for a Roman setting will seal the deal.

Have they talk about what Roman campaign this game takes on? or who is the emperor at the time of the game? is there mounted combat?

I think Crytek is trying to do what Epic did last gen with Gears of War and put a game that showcases the power of CryEngine. The problem is that Epic were good developers on top of being a big tech house. Crytek is only known for having good visuals, but crappy games :(

El_Machete said:

I think Crytek is trying to do what Epic did last gen with Gears of War and put a game that showcases the power of CryEngine. The problem is that Epic were good developers on top of being a big tech house. Crytek is only known for having good visuals, but crappy games :(

You know, I had this exact thought. Create a game that later evolutionate as a trilogy or franchise and showcase the evolution of graphics - and the engine tiself - through the years, just like Epic did with Gears. (Let's exclude Judgment though xD)

Who knows. Maybe they learned a lesson with Crysis 3? Maybe they pull a good game?