By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 3

GT5 for me, just hope it has a more original feel than GT4 had.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
evvil said:

Then why has forza been able to do it twice?

I don't know, why have they?

This is pure opinion but my guess would be that to get damage in the game they have to pay the auto makers a fair amount more money for the license then if they have no damage. Mix that with 800+ cars and that could get quite expensive. This could be the reason forza has less cars.

skeezer said:
Ive played Forza and find it to be very fun but For some reason it does not compare to tge gt series

Compare how? number of cars, graphics, car feel, car upgradeability, game progression, overall fun? IMO forza 1 beats GT3 and 4 in everyone of those but number of cars. Don't get me wrong I bought my ps2 just to play GT3 and I loved every min of it. But when forza 1 came out it raised the bar for racing sims on consoles and GT4 fell short. I hope as much as any of you that GT5 is going to be the amazing experience they are promising, but after GT4 and GTHD Im not going to get my hopes up to high.

I just want to say something about the "floaty" feel in GT4 -- a lot of the less expensive cars are supposed to be "floaty" because that's how they actually handle in real life.  As you upgrade your car's suspension or obtain race cars, the response rate quickens.  The race cars in GT4 are anything but floaty, their responses are razor sharp.

evvil said:
skeezer said:
Ive played Forza and find it to be very fun but For some reason it does not compare to tge gt series

Compare how? number of cars, graphics, car feel, car upgradeability, game progression, overall fun? IMO forza 1 beats GT3 and 4 in everyone of those but number of cars. Don't get me wrong I bought my ps2 just to play GT3 and I loved every min of it. But when forza 1 came out it raised the bar for racing sims on consoles and GT4 fell short. I hope as much as any of you that GT5 is going to be the amazing experience they are promising, but after GT4 and GTHD Im not going to get my hopes up to high.

um forza is good but GT5 is and will always be better..... sorry sales just prove it every time....

Around the Network

Sales dont mean a game is better...

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

GT5!!!

Forza just doesnt compare to GT irrespective of which has the more realistic feel.

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

halil23 said:
PooperScooper said:
Imthelegend said:
Does GT5 have damage on the cars. If not, is it a true simulation. I loved GT3 and am looking forward to GT5 but without damage it's maybe falling behind. If Forza was released now without damage people wouldn't like it. If GT5 has damage(I don't think it has) I apologise and you have just destroyed my argument. What does everyone else think?

the car makers dont allow them to damage the cars.

hence why the damage isn't realistic (devs had to make up a fake damage, fact!) therefore Forza is a mix of racing simulator and arcade, like PGR ;) So I'm sticking with GT series for simulation.

So you're saying that slightly unrealistic damage is more arcadey and no damage at all?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

So you're saying that slightly unrealistic damage is more arcadey and no damage at all?

Yes.  If you can get into a 100 mph head-on collision and drive away, it feels just as fake whether your car looks damaged or not.