By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 most overrated games of all time

MohammadBadir said:
leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:
I agree with FF7, but where is Ocarina of time :P

Somewhere.............. in the top 1000 most overrated games..............I think.

Should be Top 2 at least but ok

what's wrong with OoT? i think it deserves that "best game of all time" title it was given :P

There is nothing wrong with OoT, but is the most overrated game with FF7 by far. And I don't think in it how the best Zelda neither.  Well is just my opinion.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
artur-fernand said:
Wright said:
artur-fernand said:
Neither of these entries are correct.

Following that logic, your entries are not correct either.

I wasn't being serious. Thought that was obvious.

AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:

Somewhere.............. in the top 1000 most overrated games..............I think.

i thought  putting OoT would be way too obvious. Heck, why not put Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade on this list while I am  at it.

You thought Ocarina was too obvious and yet Final Fantasy VII is your number 1? Nope, does not compute. Try a different excuse my friend.

FF7 is not the best rated FF game. It's the most popular one, but not the best rated. I think FF6 and FF9 ( games which I love) are the best rated FF games. Ocarina of time is the best rated Zelda. better reviews than MM, WW, TP and SS.

I don't think that the critics' opinion is a fair criteria when deciding the most overrated. GTA IV being a perfect example. Sure, it has 98 on metacritic, but it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find a regular person who agrees that the game is THAT great. And choosing FFVII as overrated is far more "obvious" than Ocarina, seeing as the number of people out there who bash FFVII is ENORMOUS, but it's kinda rare to find people bashing Ocarina of Time.

And FFVII is the second highest-rated FF, tied with X, XII and VI. The best one is indeed FFIX, as it should be.

artur-fernand said:
AZWification said:
artur-fernand said:
Wright said:
artur-fernand said:

AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:

i thought  putting OoT would be way too obvious. Heck, why not put Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade on this list while I am  at it.

You thought Ocarina was too obvious and yet Final Fantasy VII is your number 1? Nope, does not compute. Try a different excuse my friend.

FF7 is not the best rated FF game. It's the most popular one, but not the best rated. I think FF6 and FF9 ( games which I love) are the best rated FF games. Ocarina of time is the best rated Zelda. better reviews than MM, WW, TP and SS.

I don't think that the critics' opinion is a fair criteria when deciding the most overrated. GTA IV being a perfect example. Sure, it has 98 on metacritic, but it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find a regular person who agrees that the game is THAT great. And choosing FFVII as overrated is far more "obvious" than Ocarina, seeing as the number of people out there who bash FFVII is ENORMOUS, but it's kinda rare to find people bashing Ocarina of Time.

And FFVII is the second highest-rated FF, tied with X, XII and VI. The best one is indeed FFIX, as it should be.

I love FF9. Too bad Sakagutchi had to leave.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wright said:
artur-fernand said:
Wright said:
artur-fernand said:

It wasn't that obvious since you provide reasons for your choices.

Oh no, my choices were dead serious. It was the "These are not correct" that weren't serious. =P

F0X said:
AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:
AZWification said:
leyendax69 said:

Because then the thread would be more aptly titled "Watch me shit on several of Nintendo's best games".

But on topic, I agree with you on Twilight Princess. Melodramatic for no good reason (Wind Waker is post-apocalyptic and it still had more personality) and Wolf Link is pretty darn lame. Also Okami came out the same year and was far better.

Brawl's online was disappointing, but SSB is all about local multiplayer anyway. And with the amount of content in Brawl, it's a very long-lasting one too.

Hopefully Smash Bros 4 will have a  great online portion.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
MohammadBadir said:
iamdeath said:

LOL at last of us................Easily on the the best games on this generation. Also great Multiplayer. Trying to hard to be edgy.

great story, bad gameplay :P

/?? How gameplay was outstanding with great stealth, melee (Some of the best melee combat ever), crafting. HAd to be mindfull of your supplies at all times. Sorry that's BS.

Your opinion is different than mine, so it's must be BS.

OT: I agree with most of that list. I would add God of War 2 and 3 (sad because GoW 1 was amazing), Gears of Wars and New Super Mario Bros (all versions).

Nintendo and PC gamer

AZWification said:
F0X said:

Because then the thread would be more aptly titled "Watch me shit on several of Nintendo's best games".

But on topic, I agree with you on Twilight Princess. Melodramatic for no good reason (Wind Waker is post-apocalyptic and it still had more personality) and Wolf Link is pretty darn lame. Also Okami came out the same year and was far better.

Brawl's online was disappointing, but SSB is all about local multiplayer anyway. And with the amount of content in Brawl, it's a very long-lasting one too.

Hopefully Smash Bros 4 will have a  great online portion.

I expect it. The Tekken dev team is one of the most reliable in the business.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I love FF9. Too bad Sakagutchi had to leave.

To be fair, Sakaguchi hasn't directed a FF since Final Fantasy V. For VI-X, he was just the Producer. I honestly don't think his departure has affected the series that much. You see, I really enjoy FFXIII. Judge me.

leyendax69 said:

There is nothing wrong with OoT, but is the most overrated game with FF7 by far. And I don't think in it how the best Zelda neither.  Well is just my opinion.

which one do think is the best?

osed125 said:
iamdeath said:
MohammadBadir said:
iamdeath said:

LOL at last of us................Easily on the the best games on this generation. Also great Multiplayer. Trying to hard to be edgy.

great story, bad gameplay :P

/?? How gameplay was outstanding with great stealth, melee (Some of the best melee combat ever), crafting. HAd to be mindfull of your supplies at all times. Sorry that's BS.

Your opinion is different than mine, so it's must be BS.

OT: I agree with most of that list. I would add God of War 2 and 3 (sad because GoW 1 was amazing), Gears of Wars and New Super Mario Bros (all versions).

How is the gameplay bad, and odd how not a single of the 100 reviews thought the gameplay was bad.................Sorry, saying it is overrated is one thing, saying the gameplay is BAD? Is hogwash. The game was outstaning in every area.

God of war 2 > 1.