By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 4 designer calls out Kojima’s recent ‘sexy character’ quotes, brands them “disgusting”.

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

.. huh?  Sexualization is sexualization.  I don't even know what you're trying to say.  

People dont complain about men because unlike women they are not associated with their body as much.  A woman is associated with beauty and measuered by that in many situations.  It has been like this forever.  

Of course women find men attractive but it is much more common for a guy to only judge a woman purely from sex. 

What are you even talking about?  One is okay because you don't think it happens as often?  Your generalization is kind of meaningless, to be honest, true or not.  Besides, you're going to tell me that women liking media based on the sexualization or the physical attractiveness of the guys involved isn't common?  Sure, and girls throw their panties at Justin Bieber because they like his music.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

What is the politically correct term. Just asking coz i sometimes used it verbally.

Glorious Nipponjin.

pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:

What are you even talking about?  One is okay because you don't think it happens as often?  Your generalization is kind of meaningless, to be honest, true or not.  Besides, you're going to tell me that women liking media based on the sexualization or the physical attractiveness of the guys involved isn't common?  Sure, and girls throw their panties at Justin Bieber because they like his music.

So you understand that men tend to treat women like sex objects right?  Not just a few guys, but A LOT.  Yet you are arguing about this?

JayWood2010 said:

Of course women find men attractive but it is much more common for a guy to only judge a woman purely from sex.

Yes, and? Anyone who has even the most fleeting grasp on evolutionary biology would understand why this is. To hold it against men is racist!

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

So you understand that men tend to treat women like sex objects right?  Not just a few guys, but A LOT.  Yet you are arguing about this?

As a whole?  Yes, men are interested in attractive females.  Women are interested in attractive males.

I have no idea what your point is.

Are you trying to say that, because you don't think women do it as often, it doesn't matter when they do it?  That's like saying that women tend to steal less than men so it doesn't count when they do it.  That's a meaningless line of thought and I don't understand what your argument is.  There are TONS of examples out there that you're probably wrong.  Justin Bieber, the huge success of Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey, the romance novel industry, the soap opera industry, and all the rom-coms where the leading man is pretty much just an object.

So, yeah, still, I have no idea what you are trying to argue.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
platformmaster918 said:
Deyon said:
Lol

Why the hell is she wearing that? Isn't she some kind of a rebel or whatever? Kojima is weird as fu...

I like it though. Hope they don't change it..

yeah I feel kinda guilty about it but I like those pervy Japs haha (Ninja Gaiden's Rachel was a selling point lol)

Term makes me cringe. Please don't use it.

Why?  I have nothing but respect for Japanese people and their traditions.  I'm a history major and I enjoy every aspect of their society.  Obviously being a gamer I owe my favorite hobby and passion to them mostly (especially considering I love many Jap series like MGS).  It's just shorthand for Japanese.  Sorry if it offends you but I mean no offense when I use it.  It's not in itself offensive like so many other terms.  You identify it with racism or offensive WW2 vets who mean it as an insult.  As I have mentioned I use it as a shorthand term for Japanese and it means the same exact thing as if I said Japanese.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I think this is definitely a cultural difference.

Here in the US, it wouldn't go over very well. Cortana got a pass because she was a tiny VR character. The MG character isn't. Not to mention, what girl would honestly wear a thong and stockings with a bikini top? You wouldn't be comfortable in that and her boobs would pop out while running.

Adinnieken said:

Here in the US, it wouldn't go over very well. Cortana got a pass because she was a tiny VR character. The MG character isn't. Not to mention, what girl would honestly wear a thong and stockings with a bikini top? You wouldn't be comfortable in that and her boobs would pop out while running.

Don't you challenge Miley Cyrus. 

green_sky said:
Mr Khan said:
platformmaster918 said:
yeah I feel kinda guilty about it but I like those pervy Japs haha (Ninja Gaiden's Rachel was a selling point lol)

Term makes me cringe. Please don't use it.

What is the politically correct term. Just asking coz i sometimes used it verbally. 

Japanese works. Granted, for non-Americans, it has less of a negative connotation, here it has a rather hateful history.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

green_sky said:
Adinnieken said:

Don't you challenge Miley Cyrus. 

Miley didn't wear a thong.  Granted, what Miley wore was tight as hell, but the top wasn't a bikini top and the bottom were actually hot pants (i.e. short shorts).

What Miley wore wasn't an issue.  The issue, in my opinion, was the foam finger.  That foam finger went places where a foam finger shouldn't go on TV.