By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's WII -U will win the Holiday Season and the Next Gen IF

Will Nintendo win the Next Gen if they Bring the Price of the Deluxe Edition of Wii U down to $250.00 for the Holidays?

Yes. Definitely. 92 18.36%

No. Definitely not. 173 34.53%

It would be suicide for N... 86 17.17%

It would be the Best Move... 55 10.98%

Still too early to tell. 95 18.96%

Total:501

In my honest opinion the price drop down to $299.99 just isn't enough to turn the tide for Nintendo's Wii U in the face of the tremendously more powerful Playstation 4 and Xbox One.  However, if Nintendo brings the price of the Deluxe Edition of the Wii U down to $250 in time for the holidays, they will win not only the Holiday Season but the Next Gen as well.  Agree or Disagree?

Around the Network

Nintendo can't afford that big of a loss dude. I personally think 299 is perfect for now.

I don't think that they'll do that.

Yes in terms of winning the winter, but they're not going to do that. I still don't think they can win the gen as a whole, I think with the Wii U is shaping out be a system only for nintendo fans. To me that means selling under 30m, add another 10m through the casual consumers and brand loyalty they gained with the wii, particularly pertaining to mariokart, wii sports etc. I don't see it passing 40m unless its under $199 in the next 2 years.

However both PS4,X1 will pass 50m IMO.

price alone wont do it. need games games games.....

or an apple logo.

Around the Network

"tremendously more powerful"

Click HERE and be happy 

Don't know why people still complain about the price. It's so easy to get a Wii U for 250$ on ebay and other sites. This shows, that the price isn't the reason for the lack of sales. The Software is the reason. And the software comes now.

EricFabian said:

Have to call a spade a spade.  Wii U is only about as powerful techwise versus One and Four as Wii was to 3 and 360.  And it's getting the same amount of love from third parties as Wii did.

When the games come out it will make a turn around. The price cut in my opinion is right. $300 is good for a next gen console.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

EdHieron said:
EricFabian said:

Have to call a spade a spade.  Wii U is only about as powerful techwise versus One and Four as Wii was to 3 and 360.  And it's getting the same amount of love from third parties as Wii did.

That is not true. The difference this time will be much closer than the difference between the Wii and PS360. The Wii wasn't even HD, and couldn't run most of the engines used in the 7th gen, while the Wii U can run most of the engines that will be used in the 8th gen.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)