By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Are Your Favorite Japanese Developers?

So my list would go like this:

1. Nintendo 

2. Namco Tales Studio 

3. Kojima

4. Platinum Games

5. Game Freak

I don't think I need to give an explanation for why Nintendo is on the list.  The Tales of games have grown to be my favorite JRPG games, they are just so well made.  The story is almost always amazing, I love the gameplay and the games look beautiful.  Kojima is on the list because of MGS and Zone of the Ender, tbh idk any other games they're known for...I love just about everything about the MGS games, they are my favorite stealth games and I've beaten each one more times than I probably have any other kind of game.  I'm also pretty excited Kojima is making Zone of the Enders 3, the first one was okay, but the second one was great imo.  I love the crazy, over the top games that Platinum Games makes.  My favorite game from them probably has to be Bayonetta and I can't wait til the second one is released.  With so many generic games I feel like their games are a breath of fresh air.

Game Freak is on there because of their newly announced game Soriti Horse!  If you haven't seen it yet here is some gameplay, it will blow your mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtgcglCXcI  I can't say enough good things about this game!  I heard they make some game called Pokemon, but I've never seen or tried it.

So what does your guy's list look like?

Around the Network

Nintendo & Kojima

Click HERE and be happy 

Nintendo EAD, Monolith Soft, Platinum, Mistwalker.

Compile Hearts obviously, they make nothing but the highest quality of games.

BasilZero said:

Isnt GameFreak part of Nintendo o.O?

I thought it was a second party studio?

Around the Network

1) Atlus
2) Namco Tales Studio
3) SCEJ
4) Kojima Productions
5) Monolith Soft

Level-5
Square Enix
Namco
Polyphony Digital
Sony Japan

Atlus and GameFreak are the only ones I would call my favorites but then again their both pretty much gaming gods, especially Atlus.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

All of them.

My favorites are.

1. Kojima productions
2. Cyber connect 2
3. Atlus
4. Platinum games
5. SCEJ