By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Official OUTLAST Review Thread

Tagged games:

This game gives me the Call of Cthulhu vibe!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

This game gives me the Call of Cthulhu vibe!

It has, with a mixture of The Suffering, The Descent (movie), and Condemned: Criminal Origins. Any questions, jsut ask away! Nobody else cares about this game here!

All that mixture is Call of Cthulhu, really xD (Except the Descent, which I haven't seen). Ever played it?

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

All that mixture is Call of Cthulhu, really xD (Except the Descent, which I haven't seen). Ever played it?

I own Call of Cthulhu, so yep! I played/beat it just a month before the 360 came out and launched with Condemned, which immediatedly reminded me of it. The Suffering, however, is not like CoC, but has the "insanity" thrills of Outlast.

Let's see if Outlast can scare me, or at least give me a huge sense of tension. Few games have done it to me through the course of the years.

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

Let's see if Outlast can scare me, or at least give me a huge sense of tension. Few games have done it to me through the course of the years.

It has to contend with Siren: Blood Curse and Slender: the Arrival to really make me feel uneasy. Those games were second-to-none for making the player feel helpless and vulnerable. Sony has a knack (no pun) for horror games, which is why I can't wait for the inevitable Siren/PS4 sequel.

The original Forbidden Siren never scared me, for some reason. I was more of the Silent Hill guy, and even then, I wasn't scared. In fact, the game that gave me a huge sense of tension and urge was Shattered Memories (a game that does not have combat nor cheap scares). I did, however, enjoy Call of Cthulhu and I found it pretty scary (it resorted to cheap scares sometimes though), at least the first half of the game (the second, well, not so much).

Condemned didn't scare me, except for the mannequins scene. Now that was interesting, they should have kept that kind of style on Condemned 2 (which unfortunately they didn't).

spurgeonryan said:
Anyone else wish that CGi would have made that OP image a gif? Nice scores! Never heard of this. Is it coming to PS3? I hope 360 as well so I can play it.

Just PS4 and PC. Free with PS+

Around the Network

great scores for such a game! but yeah, i won't buy it now knowing that it will be "free" with ps+. same reason why i didn't buy don't starve.

Wow, such great reviews so far.

It says in the Edge review that a PS4 version won't be released until next year. Is that true?

What size is the, uhmm... what size is this project, like team size and budget and production values and all that? Is it more Amnesia (cheap indie game) or more like Silent Hill (AA, big budget)?

CGI, have u played it already?

Slimebeast said:
Wow, such great reviews so far.

It says in the Edge review that a PS4 version won't be released until next year. Is that true?

What size is the, uhmm... what size is this project, like team size and budget and production values and all that? Is it more Amnesia (cheap indie game) or more like Silent Hill (AA, big budget)?

CGI, have u played it already?

budget is probably much lower as something like silent hill but higher as for some other indie games since it's a team full of "veterans" who probably also get more money as some young guys who never had a career before.

http://redbarrelsgames.com/team.html

Great reviews. I will wait for the PS4 version coze it free with the plus (and it will look better on the PS4 than my weak laptop)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

pezus said:
9.5 on gamrreview ;o

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/90457/outlast-pc

never heard of that site. are they reliable?