By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 150Mhz CPU boost on XBO, now in production (1.75 GHZ)

So far, so good for the Xbox One.

Xbox chief marketing officer Yusef Mehdi just spoke at the Citi Global Technology Conference and said Microsoft is now in full production for the Xbox One and producing in mass with plans still on for a November 2013 launch.

About one month after improving the GPU clock speed, Mehdi added that Microsoft just made another technical boost by upgrading the CPU performance to 1.75 GHZ from 1.6 GHZ.

Mehdi wouldn’t reveal a launch date — the PlayStation 4 comes out Nov. 15 — but did say that the system is “really going to shine.”

“This will be the biggest launch we’ve ever done by a wide margin in terms of units shipped at launch,” Mehdi said.

Mehdi also had some interesting insights on the Xbox One policy reversals, the $499 price point and how the Xbox business will change with Microsoft’s big re-organization. Stay tuned for more.

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/xbox-update-console-full-production-improved-cpu-performance/

Around the Network

Wait till those turbo cores kick in...it will be pushing 5 ghz easily.

This system seems rushed that a couple months before release they are clocking cpu speeds and gpu speeds (I have no idea what that means tbh) but I wouldn't be shocked if xbox one has a similar over heating problem to the original 360, i mean i could cook raw meat when mine would overheat.
Since the specs are soo similar to ps4, i wonder if sony could boost speeds post launch

Well, they're definitely...trying. lol

fireburn95 said:
This system seems rushed that a couple months before release they are clocking cpu speeds and gpu speeds (I have no idea what that means tbh) but I wouldn't be shocked if xbox one has a similar over heating problem to the original 360, i mean i could cook raw meat when mine would overheat.
Since the specs are soo similar to ps4, i wonder if sony could boost speeds post launch

They need to... the gap in specs is bigger than what they expected.

So in resume we have: 53Mhz in GPU and 150Mhz in CPU.

About your question... the boost is less than 10% so it will be fine.

Around the Network

Finally they revealed the 1.75 GHZ. I'm getting tired of all the rumors going around about dgpu and supercomputer power that is so advanced not even High end PCs have.

Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable PS4 clock rate boost.

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

FiliusDei said:
Finally they revealed the 1.75 GHZ. I'm getting tired of all the rumors going around about dgpu and supercomputer power that is so advanced not even High end PCs have.

But the rumors are right... 5TFLOPS GPU coming in September

So much for 1.9GHz

Scoobes said:
So much for 1.9GHz

Semi-Accurate

PS. My estimates was close... 1.7Ghz.