By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse combat "built to feel good"

Tagged games:

I think I've figured out what has been bothering me about this game, aside from it seemingly having very little in the way of story.

The opponents, in both the single player and the multi-player, it's like you're fighting the crew of the Black Pearl. They've all been highly forgettable and generic. That's where something like Dark Souls blows this away for me with the amount of variety they're able to tap into.

Around the Network

I've heard nothing but bad things about it and the little i have seen looks so generic and boring

Yeah, what else are they gonna say? I am sure they by now are nervous that they have a stinker on their hands, but it's too late to cancel it. The only thing they can do now is to fine tune the timing in how you attack certain enemies, in hopes that it will bring varied combat gameplay. And try to market the game with slick vid docs and fancy words the best they can.

Timing is their only feature to achieve interesting gameplay, since they ignored a complete button layout, combos, skill progression, sense of physics and weight, enemy variation and every possible gameplay feature outside of pure combat.

This games can't be defended. It's shaping up to be horrible.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"