By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [RUMOR]Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU Core Stacked Inside the APU

Mmmfishtacos said:
I just don't see it. Ki would have no problem running 1080 and 60 frames if that where true

What I saw was developers wanted to be on the safe side to ensure 60 frames per second.  Doesn't mean they couldn't optimize to get it there, but the focus was on speed.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Hope its true. Just wait for etomaz to come here and spin this thing around.....waiting...

How many times do you have to get banned for the exact same thing, before you learn something out of it? This is the umpteenth time i see you go into a thread saying stuff like, awaiting bad posts from Sony fans or wait till ethomaz gets here and kind of rubbish? The thread is 40 posts long and ethomaz has not even commented yet. You are clearly flaming and calling out people who are not even present in the thread. Above all YOU ARE OFF TOPIC.

Getting back to the issue at hand,

I'm wondering why there is so much speculation on the specs of these new consoles. I have been around for the launch for other consoles before and while yes there always was speculation, but this time it's over the top, i like that expression :P

Why don't they just release the final specs and be done with? Is there an last minute change maybe, or is it so that your competitor can not know of your offerings till it's very late?

selnor1983 said:
Putin said:
So MS goed and lied about specs, just because... They want XBO to sell worse than PS4.

Even if that NDA exist, it won't restrict them to say "our console have 2 dGPU's with overal power of...". They just won't show or explain design till AMD permits it.

Have you ever thought maybe it was Microsoft that made the NDA? So Sony wouldnt find out about the 2nd GPU?

September 29 would put Sony in a postion where they cant delay the PS4 at all. Its to late.

Certainly plausible.

It's not "fast and furious" you know. There is no point to hide something like that till the end. It's 2 month away from launch, every big studio have dev kits, a lot of developers working on them. Do you think they not talking just because? Or MS that stupid to provide them with unfinished dev kits, just to make a surprise comback near launch?

Not only it make cosole cost more, alowing Sony to retaliate with lower price, but power consumption, possible overheating(yelds rumors), more complex arcitecture to prolonge game development. e t.c.

PS2 was weaker than XBOX, and that power didn't do a thing for MS.

iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
Putin said:
Maybe because some people can't let it go. And try to find any way to get some hope for XBO be much powerfull then it already is.

Am I missing something here. Its common knowledge that not one single gaming media knows 100% how the Xbox One works. Noone. Microsoft arent telling everything yet. By law they cant. They have a NDA with AMD. So until September 29th passes, we wont know for sure. 

Lately, alot of media are reporting that Microsoft have not designed a traditional CPU and GPU design. And that Microsoft ave designed something unusual for consoles and even for PC's. 

Not one single media knows how the ps4 works either, that's par for the course.

Where is this a lot of media? No way are they able to keep this secret this close to launch, heck everything aboput ps4 and x1 were known befoire the reveal. This is nothing more then wishfull thinking.

Even AMD has said the ps4 is more powerfull...............................

The PS4  has an unusual non standard CPU and GPU too, what is your point?

Im not saying that the rumour will come true. Im saying its defiantely possible.

No gaming media is saying how PS4 may have this and that. Its all about Xbox One this past 3 weeks.

In fact the more people are looking at the way the Xbox One is designed the more people are questioning the positioning of the 2 consoles. Xbox One has 7 extra co processors than PS4 for a start. on the GPU die.

It makes sense as to why Microsoft were keeping quiet and saying its not all about TFLOPS of the GPU core. They may have paid 3 billion with AMD ( I believe Sony was 1.8 million ) for something more. Who knows.

Either way  the games will tell us. So far niether appears to have an edge in visuals so far. It can be argued the Infamous 2 is the best. Same way you can argue Quantum Brea, Forza 5 or Ryse. 

Guess we will know when September 29 NDA ends between AMD and Microsoft. 

Yes we will know, there is nothing to this but wishfull thinmking. I this day and age it would be impossible to keep this secret, some people have alreayd had their hands on the hardware.

Also, your argument works both ways, if the x1 had sectret sauce where is the graphical diff in games?>

With all the bad press and high price no way MS would have not bragged about this when it was found PS4 was more powerfull.

Noone has found PS4 more powerful. Noone. That was based on the tec released numbers of the Core GPU TFLOPS and CORE CPU TFLOPS. We already know this week that the Xbox One can offload alot more stuff away from the GPU than PS4 can. Allowing the GPU to do other work. It actually reminds me of the Cell last generation. It was rubbish at General Purpose gaming. But all the little SPU's allowed devs to offload stuff. 

Something Microsofts Xbox One has been designed to do. The APU is different enough on Xbox One for some developers saying it will take further resources to get the most out of its architecture. The 15 co processors on the GPU wont all be used on launch day. Developers are able to use how they want.

As for launch games I agree. But then wo knows it could be disabled in all devkits until 29th September. Made enabled with a software update after that. Is it worth having the launch games not use it then the rest use it to throw Sony off? I would. 

If its true Sony wont know what to do. 

Anyways its all speculation at this point. And even without the 2nd GPU, the 15 co processors we recently found out about change things greatly.

walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:
How much extra power does this supposedly give X1?

roughly 1 cloud.

Final Fantasy VII remake to the XBOX ONE confirmed!

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
Putin said:
Maybe because some people can't let it go. And try to find any way to get some hope for XBO be much powerfull then it already is.

Am I missing something here. Its common knowledge that not one single gaming media knows 100% how the Xbox One works. Noone. Microsoft arent telling everything yet. By law they cant. They have a NDA with AMD. So until September 29th passes, we wont know for sure. 

Lately, alot of media are reporting that Microsoft have not designed a traditional CPU and GPU design. And that Microsoft ave designed something unusual for consoles and even for PC's. 

Not one single media knows how the ps4 works either, that's par for the course.

Where is this a lot of media? No way are they able to keep this secret this close to launch, heck everything aboput ps4 and x1 were known befoire the reveal. This is nothing more then wishfull thinking.

Even AMD has said the ps4 is more powerfull...............................

The PS4  has an unusual non standard CPU and GPU too, what is your point?

Im not saying that the rumour will come true. Im saying its defiantely possible.

No gaming media is saying how PS4 may have this and that. Its all about Xbox One this past 3 weeks.

In fact the more people are looking at the way the Xbox One is designed the more people are questioning the positioning of the 2 consoles. Xbox One has 7 extra co processors than PS4 for a start. on the GPU die.

It makes sense as to why Microsoft were keeping quiet and saying its not all about TFLOPS of the GPU core. They may have paid 3 billion with AMD ( I believe Sony was 1.8 million ) for something more. Who knows.

Either way  the games will tell us. So far niether appears to have an edge in visuals so far. It can be argued the Infamous 2 is the best. Same way you can argue Quantum Brea, Forza 5 or Ryse. 

Guess we will know when September 29 NDA ends between AMD and Microsoft. 

Yes we will know, there is nothing to this but wishfull thinmking. I this day and age it would be impossible to keep this secret, some people have alreayd had their hands on the hardware.

Also, your argument works both ways, if the x1 had sectret sauce where is the graphical diff in games?>

With all the bad press and high price no way MS would have not bragged about this when it was found PS4 was more powerfull.

If I am not mistaken, since we are talking about this subject I would believe that MS hasn't kept this a secret.

The graphical difference would be that the X1 games look just as good as the more powerful PS4.  Would that not be proof.  People have mentioned how the PS4 will just blow away the X1 but we are still waiting to see that happen.

I am not sure if you know how NDAs work.  There is no bragging if you cannot speak about a tech behind that piece of paper.  That argument really does not hold any weight. You are best using the Dead Rising and Killer Instinct FPS which is a more solid argument.

Also I remember when the specs stuff was being pimped around and I forget the MS exec name which stated something about on paper something may appear weaker but would be it surprising if found that the hardware is more powerful (paraphrase).  I thought this was a wild claim by MS but you never know.  Just throwing out the GPU Tflops might not tell the whole story between these 2 consoles.

richardhutnik said:
walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:

roughly 1 cloud.

Wow, this would be... I think the internet would just explode, if it was exclusive, too. Instant deaths, spontanous self-combustions all over the world.

Putin said:
selnor1983 said:
Putin said:
So MS goed and lied about specs, just because... They want XBO to sell worse than PS4.

Even if that NDA exist, it won't restrict them to say "our console have 2 dGPU's with overal power of...". They just won't show or explain design till AMD permits it.

Have you ever thought maybe it was Microsoft that made the NDA? So Sony wouldnt find out about the 2nd GPU?

September 29 would put Sony in a postion where they cant delay the PS4 at all. Its to late.

Certainly plausible.

It's not "fast and furious" you know. There is no point to hide something like that till the end. It's 2 month away from launch, every big studio have dev kits, a lot of developers working on them. Do you think they not talking just because? Or MS that stupid to provide them with unfinished dev kits, just to make a surprise comback near launch?

Not only it make cosole cost more, alowing Sony to retaliate with lower price, but power consumption, possible overheating(yelds rumors), more complex arcitecture to prolonge game development. e t.c.

PS2 was weaker than XBOX, and that power didn't do a thing for MS.

Microsoft had 4 first party studios then. They 22 at the start of this generation. Thats why PS2 won.

Also its not a surprise comeback. It would turn the Xbox One into the best beast for the next 10 years. 

Sony obviously played the short game out of the gate. Thats a given. They seem to have fallen flat at the moment. No Disc based AAA games of note have been shown. Microsoft on the other hand have done brilliant on game launch year. 

This generation will be interesting now Microsoft have 22 First party studios. Cant wait.

walsufnir said:
richardhutnik said:
walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:

roughly 1 cloud.

Wow, this would be... I think the internet would just explode, if it was exclusive, too. Instant deaths, spontanous self-combustions all over the world.

So, THIS could be the real Cloud they were keeping secret about.  The power of the Cloud to win back Japan!

selnor1983 said:

Noone has found PS4 more powerful. Noone. That was based on the tec released numbers of the Core GPU TFLOPS and CORE CPU TFLOPS. We already know this week that the Xbox One can offload alot more stuff away from the GPU than PS4 can. Allowing the GPU to do other work. It actually reminds me of the Cell last generation. It was rubbish at General Purpose gaming. But all the little SPU's allowed devs to offload stuff. 

Do you have any proof? I mean real proof that XBO can offload more than PS4? Or it's asumptions created by the knowledge about some co-proc?

And btw, what those co-procs do exactly, do you know? Or again, asumption...

And one more thing, noone has found XBO more powerful. Noone.