By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox 360 catch back up to Ps3 this holiday season?

Turkish said:
Wright said:

Of course it will. It's just a matter of time. Not even GTA V bundle can save Ps3.

what game is in your sig?

Project Spark
, my fellow VGCharter!

Around the Network

2 years ago,didnt 360 win the holidays but barely,and least year i think the ps3 actually won or just about drew even.. ps3 really cleans up that very last week of the year dec26-31,especially with japans holiday still going on at that time. i think theres no chance of them making up the difference,ps3 might actually gain more grown on the 360. they both both should be over 80M by the end of the year or 360 should be close.. 360 will have great deals im sure, but so wont the ps3 and even the wii(as that dog inches towards 100m on 3 broken legs).

MonstaMack said:
I don't care anymore since the XB1 and PS4 are out soon. Sony won this gen by the skin of their teeth. That battle is over, and the new game of thrones starts in November, if you catch my drift.

sony didnt win anything,wii is 20m ahead,the battle doesnt end when new gen of hardware launches,ps360wii are seperate from the wiiUps4180...  a hardware war/battle only truely ends one way,when manufacturing stops and no more consoles are being made for that specific generation. PS3 will eventually go past the 360 by millionS  and make a strong push at the wii when its all said and done..ps consoles have lanky long legs  all imo

Eternal said:
I respect VGChartz numbers but I would just like for Sony to put up real numbers so we can know where we really stand.Is PS3 ahead or not,it's a major question and nobody really knows the answer.

Good point. Not sure why they do this.

I say do a price cut and bundle some games.

Around the Network

Who cares, its Vita's holidays this year bitches =)

Yes, Vita will also catch up to 3DS and Wii U will outsell Xbox One and PS4 combined. And the iPhone 5S will sell under 1m.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

No, especially with the X1 and PS4 also in the market for the territories that the 360 is strong at.

larrysdirtydrawss said:
2 years ago,didnt 360 win the holidays but barely,and least year i think the ps3 actually won or just about drew even.. ps3 really cleans up that very last week of the year dec26-31,especially with japans holiday still going on at that time. i think theres no chance of them making up the difference,ps3 might actually gain more grown on the 360. they both both should be over 80M by the end of the year or 360 should be close.. 360 will have great deals im sure, but so wont the ps3 and even the wii(as that dog inches towards 100m on 3 broken legs).

No, acording to VGChartz the 360 outsold the PS3 in the last 3 so called "hollyday season". 2010 and 2011 the 360  even outsould the PS3 globaly in the calendar year.

But this year the site made a vast adjustiment, and now we can´t have certainty of how salles have drifted thought the years.

No, the Xbox one will take away from 360 sales

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018