By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox 360 catch back up to Ps3 this holiday season?

areason said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

That logic makes no sense, that would mean console sales would not increase when any exclsuive sequels come out.  I guess PS3 sales stayed the same when Uncharted 2 and 3 came out...

This late into a consoles life cycle, with it's succesor out it does. Also gran turismo is a sports game, a sequel to gt5 on the ps3 would not have the same effect as a sequel to an uncharted game. 

Weird I thought GT was a racing game...guess me and millions of other people are wrong.  A $200 PS3 and a huge system seller like GT6 is gonna move consoles, idk how to make it any easier.  That's like saying if Halo 5 came out in 360 in december then 360 sales would stay the same.  

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
areason said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

That logic makes no sense, that would mean console sales would not increase when any exclsuive sequels come out.  I guess PS3 sales stayed the same when Uncharted 2 and 3 came out...

This late into a consoles life cycle, with it's succesor out it does. Also gran turismo is a sports game, a sequel to gt5 on the ps3 would not have the same effect as a sequel to an uncharted game. 

Weird I thought GT was a racing game...guess me and millions of other people are wrong.  A $200 PS3 and a huge system seller like GT6 is gonna move consoles, idk how to make it any easier.  That's like saying if Halo 5 came out in 360 in december then 360 sales would stay the same.  

Racing is a sport, LOL. 

This arguement is pointless. 

areason said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Racing is a sport, LOL. 

Lol poker is considered a sport too, but I don't hear people calling poker games, sports games, there is a clear differential between a sports game and a racing game.  Also you did start this and now your calling it pointless, and I didn't know this was an arguement I thought it was a discussion.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
areason said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Racing is a sport, LOL. 

Lol poker is considered a sport too, but I don't hear people calling poker games, sports games, there is a clear differential between a sports game and a racing game.  Also you did start this and now your calling it pointless, and I didn't know this was an arguement I thought it was a discussion.  

I am trying to prove to you that gt6 will not sell systems, you will not change your mind. GT like sport games doesn't have a "story", which is why i put them in a special category. 

No it won't.
Especially not when things for next gen stay this way. Ps3 will then ride the wave with the Ps4.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:

As we have seen on past sales, holiday season, Xbox 360 usually sells more units. This does not mean they will or should, however I think a price drop is in line and we will see the system move a lot of systems this holiday season.

So do you think that Xbox 360 can take the lead over PS3 this holiday season?

I think they can if the price cut is good enough. 

I don't know when GT6 is coming out but PS3 should outsell the 360 in both Japan and most of Europe. In US the 360, with a price cut, should hack away a good amount of the PS3 WW total, just because 360 is so huge in US. I'm guessing PS3 will be about 1 million ahead of 360 before holidays so it just depends on a couple of variables like how well the 360's price cut helps / how well GT6 boosts PS3's holiday sales. I'm sure the 360's price cut will have a bigger effect than GT6 but at the same time the PS3 just had a price cut last week. So who knows but my guess is it will be close.

areason said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I am trying to prove to you that gt6 will not sell systems, you will not change your mind. GT like sport games doesn't have a "story", which is why i put them in a special category. 

You just have to look at what God of War 2 did for the PS2 when it came out in 2007 http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/71065-PS2-Sales-Hold-Strong-Drive-Sales-For-Q1-2007 and GT is a much bigger system seller than GoW.  When GT5 came out for PS3 the PS3 sold better than it did any other time in its lifetime so don't try to say GT isn't a system seller compared to GoW.  If this doesn't change your opinion, then obviously nothing will, your so stubborn that any amount of facts won't matter, you just can't admit that you're wrong.  

Possible. PS3 sales my drop like a stone because PS4 is such a good price and people considering PS3 might just decide to go PS4. The same is not so likely with the 360 / Xb one because the price differential between those two is too much.

So I expect 360 sales to drop quite a bit compared to previous holidays, but I expect PS3 sales to drop even more.

But the absolute number of sales of both last gen consoles (as they will be come the holidays) might be too low for 360 to claw back that lead. The other factor in 360's favour is that it's Xb one is releasing in fewer markets,m so there's no internal competition for 360 in many markets. The counter to that is that Xb one is releasing in all of 360's strongest markets. PS4 is releasing in more markets but not in all PS3 markets, so PS3 could have strong sales in those minor markets.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

not a chance. the gta5 bundle will also be huge for ps3.

Not a chance. There doesn't seem to be any more huge exclusives coming to the 360 that will give it a big boost. I think PS3's got the second place locked down.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!