By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long before PS3 overtakes Wii in Europe?

When?

November 5 7.35%

December 10 14.71%

January 6 8.82%

February 8 11.76%

March 9 13.24%

April 1 1.47%

May 4 5.88%

June 4 5.88%

July 2 2.94%

August (2014) 19 27.94%

Total:68
mike_intellivision said:
Who will be buying PS3s after the release of the PS4?
I would expect sales will slow dramatically.

But I could be wrong.

this.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

PS3 and 360 will still be getting a lot more support than the nearly dead Wii in 2014. Wii will lose out in both markets eventually. But I doubt PS3 will ever overtake it WW. It's sales will drop with PS4 out. But maybe if PS3 gets dropped to $99 in developing countries in might eventually happen in 4-5 years. But at that point Wii3 will be out and it'll really be a dubious distinction.

Who really gives a sh*t anymore?

oh right those people...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

mike_intellivision said:

People with huge PS3 libraries (retail, PSN downloads, PS+) when their old PS3 eventually breaks down. With no backwards compatiblity of the PS4, they have no other choice to play these games again. Especially PS Plus members would do it as long as they get additional PS3- and PS4-games every month.

If a Wii breaks down, most Wii players will be tempted to get a WiiU instead of another old Wii, since the new model can play their Wii games too.

And the golden years of the PS3 in countries like Brazil with low income are just beginning, not ending. Before now, it wasn't affordable for most of the population there.

About 40 million PS2s were sold after the PS3 launch: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2

And with titles like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6 and Ratchet & Clank Nexus Sony supports the PS3 'til the PS4 launch and beyond, additionally they had/have great third party support this year: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps3?sort=desc&view=condensed&year_selected=2013

Hahaha look at all the votes for august next year. Definetly Nintendo fans who would vote for the farthest date possible.

My own vote: december

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:

But I could be wrong.

Who was buying PS1 s after PS2? Who was buying PS2s after PS3? Who was buying PSPs after Vita? Really silly question when you got the answer with 3 consoles earlier.

Teriol said:
mike_intellivision said:

But I could be wrong.

this.

Who? Million, will it be 30 million? Probably not but the playstation brand has shown it's longevity and will do fine after the playstation 4 is released. After all people buying a ps3 now aren;t exactly the audience buying a ps4 at launch.