By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft needs to cut the price of Xbox One by $100 before launch

The pricing for the system is fine. Microsofts not the problem, the problem stem from ganers feeling entitled. Whiny gamers are holding this generation back, and ruined Microsofts original model that was truly taking gaming in a new refreshing direction. Other than the fact it forgot about the implications it had with our military being unable to play an American made console it was fantastic. Im a gamer thru and thru I own every console made ( including the ill fated 3do which cost me $700 at launch and atari jaguar). I bought a wii u even tho outside of monster hunter I never touch it. I have a pc thay can max out every game with out breaking a sweat, and I have preordered the ps4 and the xbox one. I just want to play great games whether its killzone shadowfall or titanfall. Both systems are going to be great and both are fairly priced. Kinect has its issue but by all accounts kinect 2.0 is fantastic and even if I never use it my wife and son will and that's $100 well spent. Microsofts not the problem. Its gamers. 

Around the Network

Microsoft do not need to do anything, the Xbox One will sell through its initial shipment easily.

In Q1, Q2 they will heavily bundle the system to bring some parity. Kinect sports rivals and Titan Fall will make for bundle choices. I could see a 50 dollar price cut in Q3 in the lead up to holiday 2014, where they will actually begin competing for the mass market.

There's no way... Isn't the console already being sold at loss at it's current price? A $100 + cut would just lead them to lose even more of the profit they had turned with the 360. Mabye a Kinect-less SKU, but even then, they might still lose some money.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

X1 will get outsold regardless so it doesn't really matter

A 360 that was 100 dollars cheaper, had a year head start, 1 full year worth a retail releases already set in its library, a flood more of xbl games, superior online and better multiplats was still getting outsold by PS3

A 350 Xbox One without those advantages will also get outsold by a 400 PS4

They will be getting outsold regardless of the price

@enditall727
You might want to put an asterisk next to your post. Xbox 360 has never lost to the PS3 in America.

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
Isnt that like suggesting that Sony needs to cut the price of the PS4 before launch because the Wii U has a huge price advantage over them?
I know most will comment back that the PS4 offers more, but when comparing the X1 to PS4 the X1 offers more in the box as well.
I am not sure how anyone can claim one needs a price cut but the other one doesn't.

The basis of his proposition is that the XO needs it because it's going to be out-sold by the PS4 by a good margin.  Are you suggesting that the Wii U is going to out-sell the PS4 by a fair rate, as well?

tuscaniman99 said:
@enditall727
You might want to put an asterisk next to your post. Xbox 360 has never lost to the PS3 in America.

Oh...only America

tuscaniman99 said:
@enditall727

That's a bit arbitrary. Why not add an asterisk saying the 360 never lost to the PS3 in my living room?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

axumblade said:
I don't see Microsoft lowering the price but at the same time, nobody predicted they would change the policies behind the system so much after the initial announcement. So I guess that anything really can happen.

Honestly, I hope they keep the price up because I don't want to hear people acting like Microsoft dropped the price because they're not confident in their product...because we all know that will be the go-to trollish post....

Why do you think it would be the go to trollish post? Lol

What would be the reasoning behind them dropping the price early if they did after all the stuff they implied? They sounded confident before but changed everything that they were originally confident about but why? because they became not-so-confident?

I'm not saying it would be right to troll them but It is what it is at the end of the day, man

very good read, agree with a lot of it, it's not even like it's hard to figure out a way of doing it... have a launch model which doesn't have kinect and the headset in the box, sorted. Even drop the hdmi cable, sure it's just a dollar or 2 from the price to include it but who owns a hdtv and doesn't have a few of these sitting around spare?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive