By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do Gamestop Employees Even Play Games?

Groan. I hate Gamestop.

Perhaps I have been spoiled by Japan where everyone takes extremely good care of their stuff and even the slightest scratch will send a game to the bargain bin.

During a recent visit to the US, I stopped by Gamestop to buy some US games that were never released in Japan (Saboteur, Ridge Racer Unbounded, etc.). I had completely forgotten how crappy these stores are. No cover art, missing manuals, scratched discs, stickers everywhere on the case, and so on.

The guy then tried to get me to buy a $17.99 used copy instead of the $19.99 new copy I brought up to the counter. Then he tried to sell me on the membership, preorders, and some sort of trade in bonus program. The robotic spiel delivered without conviction or enthusiasm was never ending.

Unless I really had to go into one of these stores for a specific used game, I would NEVER shop in these stores.

This industry will be much better off once these stores are buried and gone in 5-10 years.

Around the Network

While the employee should have definitely known this, I don't rag too hard on people making minimum wage anymore.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the-pi-guy said:
DeadNotSleeping said:
painmaster212 said:

[Him] "Whats the name of the game?"

[Me] "Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

[Him] "For which system did you want to preorder this on?"

[Me] "Its a Zelda game brother" [

Him] "Yeah you said that and for which console did you want it on? Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo? (yes he said Nintendo not Wii U

[Me] "..........Hangs up" LOL

He asked what system you preordered it on.  Could have been Wii, WiiU, 3DS for all he knew, and you narrowed it down to "Nintendo".  I think he was just calling you out on your shenanegans in the most passive-aggressive way possible.  

No he narrowed it down to Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation.  That's what the gamestop employee said.

Not only that, but look at the italics.  A gamestop employee should know that the only HD Nintendo console is the Wii U.