By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft More First Party Games than ever Before for Years to Come

Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:

Im confused.  So it is just one guy who is working on 4 title including the Black Tusk one?

He's not a developer he's a bit like Phil Spencer in that he manages and oversees various projects, obviously global if he's working with Quantum Break and Black Tusks game

hmm.  Websites was reporting 4 titles from Black Tusk and I never caught that.  I thought it sounded odd so thanks for clarifying that :)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:
JayWood2010 said:

Im confused.  So it is just one guy who is working on 4 title including the Black Tusk one?

He's not a developer he's a bit like Phil Spencer in that he manages and oversees various projects, obviously global if he's working with Quantum Break and Black Tusks game

hmm.  Websites was reporting 4 titles from Black Tusk and I never caught that.  I thought it sounded odd so thanks for clarifying that :)

NP! TBH it's a good thing, if they were working on 4 titles they'd have to be something like XBLA size and the quality might not be there, this way all their attention is focused on delivering a kickass stealth game.

I hope we see what MS Victoria are up to soon come to think of it.

Seece said:

NP! TBH it's a good thing, if they were working on 4 titles they'd have to be something like XBLA size and the quality might not be there, this way all their attention is focused on delivering a kickass stealth game.

I hope we see what MS Victoria are up to soon come to think of it.

I wish they would have shown more than what they did at E3.  I went in super excited to see what they had but I still dont even have a name for it -_-

But yeah i do agree with you :)

It will be a great gen for microsoft and sony. I cant wait to hear more exclusives. I hope they bring some old games back. Bring back crimson skies microsoft, i loved that game on xbox. A remake for jemini jet force would be amazing!
Anyone know if microsoft has the rights to that game?
And a new conker please.

Hopefully it doesn't all go down hill half way through the gen :/ MS were doing an incredibly job until a few years ago, at which point Sony have been pretty much handing their asses too them repeatedly in the 1st party department...

Around the Network

Bring me some RPGS!

They will be outsourcing the devs outside just like they do every generation. Lets see which games live. Hopefully its not just shooters. The majority die off every gen though.

the-pi-guy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They will be outsourcing the devs outside just like they do every generation. Lets see which games live. Hopefully its not just shooters. The majority die off every gen though.

They actually have a ton of first party studios now, so not as much of development will have to be outsourced.  

Yeah, but Microsoft has alot of proving to do that they can have a fleet of first party devs whom create names for themselves as a force. Their only known company that are majorly respected are Turn 10. I am counting on Black Tusk this gen for yet another hit shooter. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
the-pi-guy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They actually have a ton of first party studios now, so not as much of development will have to be outsourced.  

Yeah, but Microsoft has alot of proving to do that they can have a fleet of first party devs whom create names for themselves as a force. Their only known company that are majorly respected are Turn 10. I am counting on Black Tusk this gen for yet another hit shooter. 

Why does it matter remotely if they're 'majorly respected' I and others should care about the games they put out and nothing else, and they have more than just Turn 10 when it comes to that. Stop inventing reasons to say negative stuff STAGE it's getting really boring.

the-pi-guy said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why does it matter remotely if they're 'majorly respected' I and others should care about the games they put out and nothing else, and they have more than just Turn 10 when it comes to that. Stop inventing reasons to say negative stuff STAGE it's getting really boring.

What was wrong with what he said?

It's a legitimate concern.  MS has a lot of studios that are so new they haven't made anything yet.  They're unproven at this point, and it's hard to say whether they'll make anything of great quality.  It's really exciting, but at the same time it's hard to say if anything exciting will be made.  

He's not just talking about them he's talking about the entire MS stable being 'respected by the industry' which means jack when the other studios put out great games (which is all that matters) it's just another dig.