By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

ethomaz said:

tres said:

its easy.  the same way sony guys want it to be fake because it would hurt them if the ps4 was less powerful.  the conversation will then turn solely to where it should be and thats games

I don't want that to be fake... it is fake.

of course it is.  but im saying you have fanboys on both sides that want bragging rights.  the answer is a little obvious why people from both sides get caught up so easily in rumors.  like i said theres alot of nervousness in comment sections whenever a rumor of xbox having the upper hand at anything.

you have village idiots saying teh powerz of da clawds.  in the same comment they will say sony has cloud to.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

Well, we need to put some in your head, too, ethomaz

About this rumor?

If it is in others threads then yeah I need some too

No in general! This thread... I only read a few posts which was totally enough.

So should we start calling him EthNOmaz? XD

Anyway, more power would be nice but I would benefit far more from the internet meltdowns. More power, less power, I'm getting the One either way. You guys are all starting to look silly with the back and forth though.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

tres said:

of course it is.  but im saying you have fanboys on both sides that want bragging rights.  the answer is a little obvious why people from both sides get caught up so easily in rumors.  like i said theres alot of nervousness in comment sections whenever a rumor of xbox having the upper hand at anything.

you have village idiots saying teh powerz of da clawds.  in the same comment they will say sony has cloud to.

I understand and agree... it is like that... I guess I'm in that way too .

More news that deny the dGPU.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167837

ethomaz said:

see lol.  you still trying to convince yourself its not true.  let a fool be a fool.  i read some of that misterxmedia blog and some of the comments.  its amazing how people are clinging on.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

1. Wrong... eSRAM is not coherent.
2. I was the first to say the CPU will increse... my prediction was 1.7Ghz.
3. No. Xbone didn't have 8GB extra RAM lol.

Sorry what world did you live?

1.  It is.  Just separately from the DRAM.  Look at the layout.  The CPU can access the eSRAM through the GPU MMU.   The instistance that all memory must share the same coherency is fallacious.  You can have coherency between the GPU and CPU with different types of memory and it still be coherent and hetrogenous.  The only thing it ends up meaning is that there is a copy from DRAM to eSRAM.  But the GPU is capable of reading what the CPU copies to the eSRAM and the CPU is capable of reading what the GPU copied to it.  This isn't even an interpretation of a diagram, this is a stated fact from Microsoft.  They flat out said, if a developer wanted, they could use the eSRAM for the CPU but they didn't know why they would want to.

2.  That acknowledgement had to be forced out of you.  Your argument in that thread changed from "Wrong" to it could possibly be increased, but that acknowledgement only came after you were forced to prove your argument and you couldn't.  You had to acknowledge it was possible.  Your means of calculating the speed was just as wrong as his, however.  There is no means of calculating the processor speed based on the system components.  The memory speed has nothing to do with the actual CPU speed.

3.  Actually it does.  I specifically did not specify what type of RAM, just to see how you'd respond.  But if you look at the SoC layout, there is 8GB of NAND Flash RAM embedded into the SoC.  Granted, that isn't system memory, it's storage memory.  But I didn't specify, I wanted to see if you'd clarify.

Most likely the Flash RAM is for firmware, however it's also possible that it's used for a RAM disk to buffer reads from the HDD.  Similar to a Hybrid HDD.  Making data reads from the HDD faster.

You aren't by any means accurate.  Assuming you are is your own personal interpretation.

I'll openly acknowledge (and I have previously) that I'm skeptical of this rumor, but it is equally plausible.  That said, I think you think way too much of yourself and your analytical skills.  The thread is a rumor thread open to speculation, it's one thing to shoot down someone's ideas with a logical argument where you offer evidence to support your opinion.  It is another thing to just shoot down someone else's argument.   Having an opinion doesn't make you right.  Providing evidence backup and support your opinion makes you right.

In general, you lack the evidence to backup or support your opinion.

ethomaz said:

Except it doesn't say anything about a dGRU.

Microsoft spent $3 Billion in licensing technology from AMD for the Xbox One.  That $3B is already figured into the price of every Xbox One.  While I'm sure there is a cost to adding another layer on to the SoC, my guess is that it would be less than manufacturing a completely separate chip and putting it on the board. 

Ok! Its true! You happy now?

Sorry its a load of bull

yusuf mehdi just confirmed theyre breaking even on every xbox one sold, if that isnt the final nail in the coffin, i dont know what is. there is no way with kinect and an extra gpu (rumored to be a 7970 at that) that the system would only cost 500 to make.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

This thread has had me in fits of laughter at the stupidity of some of the people on here. Seriously any actual common sense goes out the window when fanboys want something to become true? Rational thought is replaced by fanboyism hope that the X180 might by magic have a 2nd GPU. LMFAO!
If this was even close to being true don't you think the gaming sites and Jorno's would have been all over this? NDA you say? What NDA? Lol!
I'll come back on the 29th to have another good laugh at sheer desperation and stupidity!

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags